Forgetful.

Story For: My lazy ass because I don't wanna write anything else

Content:
Simple Fanfiction; No ships
'Free Rick Sanchez'
What if Rick never got out of prison?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What are you in for?"
As bluntly as possible, no longer in the mood to crack a joke or give as sardonic a response as he could muster, the broken, once most powerful man in the universe, Rick Sanchez uttered his single word reply: "Everything."

*~*~*

Every day was the same now. Eat, endure questioning, the routine taunts as members paraded around, cheering about how they finally caught 'Public Enemy Number One'. Rick Sanchez, Earth dimension C-137, remained in his cell for a majority of every day, being taken down for repeated questions and the grueling task of being cared for. He didn't care anymore. There was nothing left to care about. His family was better off without him

Summer could play on her phone, message whatever boyfriend she had this time, without interruptions. She could sit on the couch in peace, without Rick plopping down on the furniture, watching his obnoxious television shows broadcasted from every dimension. She could talk about boys without Rick shouting about how lame it was, leading to her classic eye roll before she'd wander away.
Beth could finally live in her own home without constantly wondering if her father was hiding another alienistic life form beneath her feet. She could pay the bills without the noticeable increase in the electric bill, above all others, due to Rick's constant tinkering and machinery running on end. She could raise her kids the way she saw fit without Rick complaining about what they did or didn't need, or try to fix her marriage without Rick constantly butting in, complaining about how she should have left Jerry forever ago, how she never should have gotten with him in the first place.
Jerry could do as Jerry does, lazing about without Rick constantly berating him to get a job, to grow a pair, to be a man. He could dick around on his iPad without constant interruption, without being told of the constant scams he was falling victim to.
And Morty.. Morty could be a normal teenager, no longer on the run from pissed otherworldly creatures, no longer needing to run from other Rick's who used him as bait to capture Rick C-137. He could be a teenager, attend school without Rick constantly pulling him from class. He could talk about his creepy crush on Jessica without Rick telling him how stupid love was, how it was just a chemical that made animals breed and nothing more.

The family could work together as a functioning unit, no longer cogged up. The gears would spin smoothly now. They could become a family unit. Beth could become the real surgeon she always wanted to be, Summer could realize her true potential someday, Morty could overcome his stutter and anxiety and become a nice member of society, and Jerry could possibly find a job, make himself useful for once.

Yes, to Rick, everything seemed to fit just fine. The family could make do without his wacky inventions blowing up in the garage, without his drunken stutter, his angry shouts and constant bickering. To Rick, their lives would improve. All he was, was a hindrance.

He could live with their memories. That would suit him just fine. The memories of his real family, from his own dimension, were long gone, replaced with the memories of this dimension's life he had lived. He didn't even know the number for that dimension. He just knew his own; he just knew he was Rick Sanchez, that his personal identity was C-137. He knew nothing about the dimensional title for the family he'd spent time with for a while now, he just knew they were nice people that would honestly function better with him out of the picture.