Bruh

So, before you read the story, please read this. This chapter is actually an excerpt from a story I'm currently writing. I haven't updated this in a while, and I suppose I could use this to gauge the reactions, to see if I'm getting the correct response. This is honestly something I've written in another book I'm working on, so I understand if maybe you don't fully understand everything behind this interaction. Can't wait to publish the damn book, though.

I was debating on whether or not I should share this before publishing the actual book so hard, btw.

Content:
Rick/Tentacles/Morty
(Mature Content)

An adventure goes wrong when visiting a new planet. Rick and Morty are quickly in more trouble than they'd expected, than they'd prepared for beforehand.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dammit," Rick growled as he skillfully landed the space cruiser on unknown terrain. Morty stared in awe at the near-neon planet, the colors both hypnotizing and blinding. It would easily be mistaken for Earth if the colors weren't so absolutely awe-inspiring, nothing like the bland colors of home. After this trip, Morty doubted he'd look at the colors of his home planet the same, even after every other planet they'd visited, looking near to this.

The older of the two cleaned up his mess, patting the alcohol on his sweater dry with a random paper towel before capping his silver flask and tucking it away. "Wh-What are we here for?" Morty questioned, his wide-eyes never leaving the fluorescent view laid out before him. The negativity wafting off of the man to his left didn't stand a chance when it came to disturbing the amount of peace Morty felt just by glancing at the scenery.

"To ge-get the sentience from eugh from a Gleek." Morty turned now, curiously, the question already in his eyes. At this point, after years of adventuring with Rick, Morty could look at the man in a variety of ways and the question would be answered without the brunet even saying anything.

"It-It-It's a urp a biiig plant, Morty. Cou-Could make it so I eugh don't need anymore sentience for a-- for a long while, M-Morty." Rick laid a pair of garden shears in Morty's lap now, drawing the brunet's attention as he stared at the tool. Of course he would be the one doing the work.

"L-Let's go, urp Morty. Wh-Where'd that skip in y-- in your step go? Huh?" Rick snarkily questioned, stepping from his side of the cruiser as Morty sighed and did the same. The shears weren't particularly weighty, though they were larger. The blades nearly overpowered the size of the handles, each sheet of metal as big as one and a half of Morty's hands laid sideways. Rick was no liar when he said it was a big plant, which only served to scare Morty. If it was so hard to wrangle the sentience away from small plants he could use rusty scissors on, it would be no picnic taking it from a goliath requiring massive shears.

Morty sighed, nerves already snow-balling into larger bouts of anxiety with every step he took, following after his grandfather quickly as they wandered into the jungle before them. It was no easy task, trudging through damp soil and thick foliage, but Rick carefully held plants out of Morty's way, shoving leaves and branches up higher. "Why do-don't you just cut them out-out of the way with these?" Morty questioned, holding the shears up.

"Because almost every plant urp here is sentient, meaning you'd be s-stuck listening to agonized eugh screams from the surrounding forest, and pissed vines avenging their friend, or friends, by whipping and tripping the shit out of you. Starts a big mess." To Rick's lengthy explanation, Morty gave a very miniscule 'oh', continuing to carefully hold the tool away as he followed cautiously behind the more intellectually inclined. He watched the older politely shove vines out of the way, tucking them behind branches, knocking leaves the size of their heads away, and putting obvious effort in trying to make this easier for the brunet, as he had come to understand the difficulty behind it all after one of Morty's regular rants. Sure, it would have been nice if he had gotten the hint earlier, but it was nice all the same.