6 - Aftermath

(Suicidal mentioning in like the very end so trigger warning)

Zoe Murphy.
Kiss.
What?!?
Evan's mind was having a seizure. His old/new/old/new crush just kissed him. What the heck is happening?! But then, it became real. Why did Alana make her do that? Did she tell Zoe? Of course she did, dangit. Evan continued to stare at Zoe in shock.

"Zoe what the hell?!?" A familiar voice. Connor's voice. He had seen them kiss.
"Connor, go to class. It was an experiment apparently." Zoe responded, looking over at Alana. Connor glared at her, trying to hide the fact that he loved Evan.

"You-You can't just go up to people in the school hallway and kiss them!" He yelled, Zoe walking over to Alana and ignoring him.

"Murphy! Office! Now!" An adult shouted after a bit more of Connor yelling. Both Murphy kids looked over, the principal glaring at Connor. Zoe grinned and walked off to class, Connor watching her walk off.

"Murphy I am not going to say it
twice." Most of the hallway had cleared when the bell rang, Connor and Evan the only students in the hall besides the few stragglers rushing into the rooms.

Connor walked towards the principal, giving Evan a look of defeat and sorrow. What look was that? Connor didn't care for Evan. He was probably drunk and stoned both times he made out with him. Besides, Connor abandoned him that morning. Evan's mind was racing with ideas as he watched Connor walk to the principal. He walked into class, not focusing much.

Later, it was third period, which was his one class with Zoe, and one of his two classes with Alana. It was science, so the tables in the lab were groups and spread throughout the room. Evan usually sat in the back table by himself with the one person who came late and wasn't able to grab another seat. But this time was different.

Zoe and Alana had walked over and sat down with him. Evan looked up at them, blushing a little at the sight of Zoe.

"So I bet you're wondering why everything happened this morning." Alana speaking snapped him back to reality.

"Oh uhh. Y-yeah." He looked at her, wanting to know why everything happened.

"Great! So basically I told Zoe that you and Connor liked eachother, sorry, and she didn't believe me. So we set up a plan where she would kiss you and if Connor defended you, it would mean he loved you. So yeah." Evan looked at Alana as she explained, feeling betrayed.

"B-But he left my house without me this morning. H-he doesn't care for me." Evan looked down after he said that. Suddenly, Zoe realized what he meant.

"What? He didn't abandon you. He didn't tell my mom where he was and she got super worried. She made him get in the car and drove us to school. It was kind of funny. My mom was really mad and yelled at him the entire way to school." Zoe explained, laughing a little. Evan stared at her in shock.
"Oh..." That was all he could say. He was in a state of shock and stared at his notebook. They didn't do much in science. They just took notes. Evan was anxiously waiting for lunch so he could talk to Connor.

Finally the bell rang. Zoe and Alana walked out. Evan noticed that the two were getting along together. Maybe Alana considered her a friend instead of acquaintance. Evan walked to his locker while he thought, quickly grabbing his lunch and shutting his locker.