11 - Summer

(Connor POV)

The summer started and the group barely saw eachother. Jared was at camp, Evan has his apprenticeship, Alana was doing all sorts of things, and Zoe was off doing something. Connor was left to his usual self. He currently sat in his room at home with the window cracked open. He was smoking and was burning cherry incense to mask the smell. Pink Floyd was playing because even without drugs it makes you feel high most of the time.

Connor felt alone. Like all his friends and sister were doing exciting things and he sat alone. That pretty much happened for another half month until one day.

(Evan POV)

"Evan! Sweetie! Come down!" His mother called and he came running downstairs.

"Yeah?" Evan asked. His mother was grinning at her phone.

"You're taking a week off your apprenticeship to go have fun!" She looked more excited than ever.

"What..?"

"So one time I answered your phone because you weren't home and it was a call from Connor. So we talked and apparently his dad rented an RV for an extra week accidentally and he was wondering if you and your friends could go on a road trip by yourselves. Isn't that fun?" She grinned, hugging his shoulder.

"Woah really? I-is a parent g-going to be with us..?" Evan asked, worried.

"Nope! You just need to call me once every day so I can check up on my boy." She grinned. "It should be a good bonding experience. You guys apparently are going to drive to Chicago and back." (I'm going to have them live in New York because Broadway and all that)

"W-woah, mom... Thank y-you." He smiled and hugged her.

"Go get your stuff. You're leaving at 9:00 tomorrow morning." She shoved him towards the stairs and he ran up.

Everyone else prepared for the trip, all excited. They hadn't seen eachother since the sleepover.

The next morning Connor waved goodbye to his mother, who would wake Zoe up in 5 minutes. He walked out and went to the RV. He threw his stuff in the back. The driver's seat had a walkway to the back, which was two couches, closed off area in the back that was a bed and "sink". There was a ladder to above that area which was a hidden bed.

He grabbed the keys and hopped in the driver's seat. He drove by himself listening to his music, which was either rock that's either current or 70's, 80's, and 90's or alternative music that he gets high to.

He pulled up to Evan's house, looking at the door. He got out and walked up to the house. He rang the doorbell, Heidi answering.

"Hello, Connor! Evan's getting dressed. Come in!" She opened the door wider, Connor walking in. He leaned against the kitchen counter as Heidi grabbed a box from the pantry.

"I put snacks together for you guys. It's just pretzel bags and all that." She smiled.

"Woah. Thank you, Mrs. Hansen." He took the box.

"Call me Heidi, Connor." She smiled and walked to another room. Evan came down the stairs, seeing Connor. He waved awkwardly and walked down.

"W-wow. It's b-been a while." He hugged Connor. His mom came out, saying goodbye. He grabbed his bag and walked out with Connor.

"So, you ready?" Connor looked down at Evan.

"Y-yeah." Evan said, looking up at the RV. Connor helped Evan put his stuff in the back and drove to everyone else's houses. They picked up Alana and Jared, then traveled back to the Murphy's house to pick up Zoe. Once everyone was in, they began to drive in the direction google maps told them.

"Connor nobody likes your shit music taste!" Zoe yelled from the back.

"Driver picks the music!" Connor yelled back.

"Chill guys. We're not even out of the neighborhood." Jared added, grinning. Zoe and Alana sat on one couch in the back and Jared sat on the other. Evan was on top of the secret bed, looking down at everyone.

"Alright guys. I brought Road trip style games." Alana smiled, setting some tiny boxes on a table attached to the floor. Evan stepped down the ladder to where he was, sitting next to Jared.

They played card games and Tic Tac Toe until Connor parked in a motel parking lot. He lowered the volume of the music and walked back with everyone else.

"Alana passed out in the bedroom over there." Zoe pointed at the curtain which was used as a door.

"I'm going to take the secret bed." Jared announced, grabbing his bag and running up the ladder.

"Who's driving tomorrow?" Zoe asked, Connor shrugging.

"Whoever falls asleep first, so Alana." Connor looked at the curtain. He put his arm around Evan, who was half asleep next to him. Jared was in his bed on his phone and Zoe had fallen asleep on the other couch. There was a small TV in a top corner of the RV, and Connor was watching one of the movies that were in there. Evan had picked Finding Nemo, but had fallen asleep on Connor's chest halfway through. He was now the only one awake, alone watching Finding Nemo. He eventually turned it off and fell asleep with under his right arm resting on his chest.

"WAKE UP!!" Connor woke up to Jared yelling with an alarm blaring on his phone. Evan was already spinning in a torn up chair attached to the floor, looking at his phone. Alana was driving and Zoe was sitting next to her with google maps on her phone.

"I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, JARED!" Connor yelled, Jared laughing. Connor got up, rummaging through his bag.

"Shit." Connor said suddenly.

"Connor did you forget your pain meds?" Zoe looked back at him.

"Yeah..." Connor replied.

"Pain meds..?" Evan looked at Connor, confused.

"I'm not a superhero Evan. I can't survive falling out of a burning building without a scratch on my body." Connor laughed a little.

"O-oh yeah..." Evan had completely forgotten about it.

"It's fine. Umm. How is your apprenticeship?" Connor sat back and looked at Evan.

"Oh god what have you started. He's going to list 101 facts about redwoods now." Jared ducked under a pillow as if a bomb was about to go off.

Evan started naming off several facts about trees, Jared plugging his ears and Connor half listening. They continued to drive on course, sitting contently.

Sorry for not updating at all in a while! School started and it's been chaotic, but I might try to do one chapter every Saturday. So yeah. Enjoy my idea about them going on a group road trip. Thanks for being patient!