10 - True Friends

Since Jared had begun to befriend Connor, he decided it would be a good idea to create a group for Evan. The group consisted of Evan, Connor, Alana, and himself at first, but Alana insisted for Jared to let Zoe in. He soon caved, and their friend group had grown one more member.

Evan offered to let them all have a sleepover at his house, the group figuring out a date and it was set. His mom had taken work off that day to help Evan set everything up. There were bowls with chips on the kitchen counter and countless blankets and pillows in Evan's room. They had his laptop set up with Netflix so they could watch movies. Everything was perfect.

Evan was bouncing on the balls of his feet in excitement.

"I'm so glad you've made friends, Evan. I'll let you all hang out when I go to class tonight, so don't burn the house down." She winked before kissing his forehead and waving goodbye. She left with her bag, a knock on the door coming right after she left. Evan ran towards the door, opening it to see Jared.

Jared grinned, his bag in his right hand. He walked in.

"Sup dude. You excited?" He had his cheesy grin on, Evan nodding. Evan was smiling back as he helped Jared put his bag upstairs. Eventually, the doorbell rang, and Evan bolted downstairs. He opened it to see Alana who hugged him.

"I'm so glad to see you again! Two days is a lot without seeing someone, you know." Evan laughed at her, guiding her to his room. Jared was in there, waving when Alana walked in. The two talked as Evan walked to the door to wait for the other two guests to arrive.

Finally the doorbell rang and Evan opened it, smiling. He opened his eyes to see only Zoe, who was looking down.

"Oh. Hey. Connor will umm. Be here in a little? Something's kind of going on at home." Zoe walked in.

"W-what's happening..?" Evan looked at Zoe with wide eyes.

"Don't worry. Let's just forget anything is happening and have fun here?" She looked at him, putting on a fake smile. Evan nodded, guiding her to his room. The group sat in Evan's room, preparing games while eating chips.

Evan heard a knock on the door, rushing out to it. The rest of the group snuck out and watched the front door from the stairs. Evan opened the door to see Connor with slightly messier hair and a scratch on his cheek.

Connor put on a fake smile when his boyfriend opened the door, Evan leaping up a little to hug the taller boy.

"Evan what are you-" Connor was shocked, patting Evan's back.

"W-what happened? Are you o-okay..?" He looked at Connor, his hands on his shoulders.

"I'm fine. Let's just have fun?" Connor hugged Evan before walking out of the doorway. The rest of the group quickly raced back to Evan's room so it didn't seem like they saw that.

Everyone gathered in a circle on the floor, sitting in silence.

"What do we do?" Alana asked awkwardly. Jared stood up.

"Board games. I have some in my bag because I know Evan doesn't have good ones." Jared turned and grabbed stuff out of his bag. He returned with a truth or dare card game and Never Have I Ever.

"Alrighty teens, let's do Truth or Dare first because that's a required party game. Zoe! Get snacks and bring them up here. Alana! Get blankets! Evan! Pillows. Connor! Umm. I have no more jobs."

"Wow. Thanks." Everyone rushed off to grab their specific thing, coming back around the same time. Jared had set up the game and had dealt out cards. The snacks were in the middle of the group and each had a blanket and a pillow.