Chapter 1

Rebecca pov's

I wake up to my step dad...yelling at my so called fat ass to get up for school and get the hell out of his house...first off it's not his house...it's my Mom and Dad's...but mom still hasn't come home from the store.

She said she was going out to buy some "things" for herself....that was four years ago...I was only thirteen...but now I'm seventeen...and I can't wait to get out of this hell hole and live my life and who knows...maybe I'll find someone that will love me and not abuse me.

My father left my mother when I was five, two weeks later we found out he got into a car crash and died at the scene. After that day my mom slowly went into depression, she also started to sleep with any deadbeat that would look her way.

Thus come my beloved stepped dad Gabe. Now in the beginning, Gabe was nice, he wasn't rude and he never laid a hand on me....the sad part is, he was really in love with my mom. He even thought he could change her ways and make her happy again but......you can't fix something that's been broke for to long.

Gabe and my mom would always fight because she would still sleep around, even though she was in a relationship with him...so when my mom left him with a broken heart and me to take care of.

He started drinking a lot and I became his punching bag. He doesn't do as much as he used too but once in a while he'll "try" and throw a punch or two.

I get ready for school and leave my hell of a house around six, school starts at seven so that gives me an hour for some Starbucks. I get in my truck and drive off. After I get my order, I head to school.

My last year of high school thank the gods I'm almost done. I turn off my car and start drinking my caffeinated drink. After a minute, I look down at my watch and smile. "Five..four...three...two..one."

"Hi Bitch!!" My best friend Natalie says as she jumps down from the roof of my car and sits next to me. I laugh and shake my head. I don't know why but she always climbs on top of my car to do that.

I give her the Starbucks I bought for her like I always do, she smiled and took it gladly. "Thanks Sis, I'll pay you back later."

"Yeah, you've been saying that for the past five years Nat." I say with a matter of fact tone. "And in some time next year I'll pay you back."

"Sure you will, whatever makes you sleep at night." I say and open my car door. "Come on, we have to get going or we'll be late." she rolled her eyes and groaned, but nonetheless she got out of the car and walked with me to the school.

Nat and I have been best friends since we were kids...I don't think I could live without her. "So we are at the top of the food chain this year...you ready for it."

"I think I am...I mean we've survived three years here...what's other one gonna do? " I mean really, how can my life get any worse than it already is. "What about you Nat...?"

She sighs and shakes her head. "Scared...not for this year but..what comes after this year...you know." Indeed I did but I have a feeling that I have a good chance of getting into some schools, music wise of course.

"Hey Bec, what are you doing after school today, I was think we coul-."

"Sorry Nat, I have work tonight."

I say quickly going up our school steps. Nat whines like a little kid and lightly pushes me to the side.

"Ugggh you're always working, what do you even do again, I mean I know your a waitress at some fancy restaurant bu-."

Before she could even finish her sentence the first bell ring, talk about saved by the bell. "Sorry Nat, I'll see you in third period."

I say running off to class. I quickly take my seat in my first period AsL2....fun I know. After the teacher talks about how this was important and the rules and what not. She finally passes out our worksheets for the morning.