Chapter 15

Tom's pov

"Robert what do you mean?" I asked in a low tone, hoping I had heard him wrong. "Don't be mad, I thought I would be done by now but it turns out. I have to finish a few more  scenes and it's going to take at least an hour."

"Robert, she is sitting there waiting for you! I told her she would be fine! How could you let this happen!!"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to, are you already home?"

"Yes!"

"Damn, wait why don't you change really fast and take my place?"

"What?"

"Take my place, just for tonight."

"I can't do that." I sigh into the phone. "Why not?"

"This would be our first date."

"And?"

"And I don't want our first date to be like this."

"Why not?"

"Well, I already had our first date planned out, the frist thing I was going to do was-"

"Oh my god Tom! Just do it!"

"Alright Fine!"

"Great, have fun."

He hangs up, why do I have a feeling he did this on purpose. I run upstairs and take the quickest shower of my life, wrapping a towel around my waist and run to my closet. I get dressed in a light blue suit and grab my black dress shoes and head back to the bathroom to do my hair. Not exactly how I pictured myself getting for our first date but at least we are having one. I run down the stairs, grabbing my wallet and keys and head out the door. I get in my car and zoom back to the restaurant. I check the time to see it's seven thirty, shit!

I run inside and see the hostess from before. "Excuse me, I was here earlier with a young woman."

"Oh yes, Mr. Downey hasn't arrived yet."

"And he's not going to be, he asked me to take his place."

"Oh okay, would you like me to walk you over?"

"No it's alright thank you." I walk to the table to see her on her phone, I smile coming up behind her.

Rebecca' s pov

I check the time on my phone, why is he so late? Maybe he got stuck in traffic or something, ugh I should just call Tom to pick me up that way-

"Excuse me miss, I don't think being on your phone is appropriate for this kind of place." I hear in my ear I blush and look behind me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Robert got stuck on set so I'm here to fill in for him and before you ask no I didn't plan this." He kisses my cheek and sits down, I smile and put my phone away. "So this makes this our first date?"

"Yes and I have much planned for us tonight."

"Oh do you now? And what are these plans?"

"Now a true gentleman never reveals his ways of wooing his lady." He grabs my hand and kisses the back of it, I giggle lightly. "You do know how to make a girl blush."

"Ah, one of my specialties." He holds my hand and rubs the back of it, I smile and pull his hand to my lips and kiss it. It took him a minute to realize what I did. "Sir, why are you so red? Have I made you blush?" He laughs and leans in, kissing my lips. "Maybe." He kisses me again, I smile pulling away. "I know it's only been five minutes but I'm really enjoying our first date."