Chapter 16

Rebecca's pov

"So you have an older sister and a younger sister?"

"Yes."

"Making you the middle child?"

"Yes and let me tell you, it's not easy being the only boy."

"I bet, it must be nice to have siblings though."

"It can be a bit much at times but for the most part, it's amazing to have them."

I smiled, we have been at the restaurant for almost two hours. Talking, mostly about him and what led him to acting instead of teaching. How his mom is his whole world and how his dad is always willing to do whatever it takes to help him accomplish anything.

"Your family sounds amazing. I mean, I know you have your problems but it's nice. The idea of having a big family sounds nice."

"Really? Do you want to have your own big family someday?"

"I want one."

"But?'

"But, I don't know if I'll be a good mom."

"Really? Why do you say that?"

"Because of my mother."

"Oh Princess."

"I know that I'm not her but I don't know if I won't run away like she did. I know I wanna be there for my kids, what really scares me is what if I stay and I still find a way to mess them up. What if they end up hating me. I don't want my kids to hate me the way I hate my mother."

I didn't even know my eyes were full of tears till he wiped them away. "Sorry didn't mean for this to get so heavy." I laugh lighty, wiping my tears.

"It's okay love, may I say something?" I nod, he kisses my hand. "I'm sorry...."

"I know I have nothing to apologize for but I'm sorry that your parents left you and you got left with someone who hurts you. I hope you will let me erase your old horrible memories with beautiful ones with me."

"And I hope you know that even though they are your dna, you will never be them nor will you become them. You are sweet, kind, and so caring. No matter what you do, you will never be your mother."I smile and kiss his lips. He wraps his hands around my neck lightly, I pull away with a smile. "Thank you."

"Anytime love." He kisses my forehead, I giggle. "Are you ready to go? It's getting pretty late."

"Yes please, can I spend the night at your house?"

"Of course honey, you are welcome anytime." I smile as we leave the restaurant, this was the best first date. "Hey I know that you said that you had other things planned for tonight but is it okay if we just went home, I'm really sleepy."

"Oh right, we talked for so long I forgot I made other plans for the night." He chuckled lightly, leading me to the car. "So it's okay if we just go home? Maybe watch movies since it is the weekend?"

He smiles and kisses my lips. "Yes, I would like that."

We headed back to his house. The car ride was peaceful, the city lights make it beautiful. I look back at Tom and the way he drives. He keeps one hand on the wheel and the other one on my thigh.

"You alright princess?"

"Yes." He smiles and squeezes it, I look out the window to hide my blush. I bet he knows what he's doing, always teasing me! The ride was nice and peaceful enough for me to fall asleep.

"Rebecca darling, can you wake up for me?"

"No thank you." I turn away from him. "Oh really?" I nod my head, I hear him laugh. "Well if you're too sleepy I'll just carry you inside." I feel his hands over my seatbelt, he's taking it off of me. I couldn't help but giggle and look at him, wrapping my hands around his neck. "Oh look who's wide awake." He says pulling me out of the car. I smile and hide in his neck, I don't know how he can carry me so easily. "Tom."