Chapter 12 - More than you can chew

*Cole*

SMASH!

As if by magic, a rock the size of a hand was thrown through the window with a rolled up scroll attached to one side. Kai walks over slowly while the rest of us were looking at the broken window. He picked up the rock before opening the scroll. "Ninja..." he began to read it out "In exchange for the life of the water ninja Lily, you must bring the water amulet to the old underground prison within twenty four hours or else the serpentine will feast upon her"

The group was silent

"What have I done..." I mutter to myself as the message hits me.

"They are going to EAT Lily!?" Jay yells out making me glare at him as I didn't need him to spell it out to me.

"No..." Kai mutters rolling up the scroll quickly "Nobody is eating anyone, we have to go after her!"

"I'll go get the ship ready!" Jay cries out before rushing off. I simply nod before turning to kai "Should we hide the amulet?" I ask before watching him shake his head "We have to give it to them Cole, it isn't of use to us right now. Also the snakes plan to unleash the great devourer first, we need lily safe if we are going to focus on stopping the snakes..."

I nod again before watching as kai walks out "Just remember, we protect lily at all costs if she isn't the water ninja it means she is a civilian and we need to get her somewhere safe before we take on whatever is the snakes have planned for us..."

*Zane*

I fall to my knees exhausted now kai hand left me. A strange feeling running over me as I think about what I could have done to save Lily.

It was guilt.

I try to shake it off quickly looking up and around at the area around me. "There must be something that can give me a clue..." I mutter to myself standing up. My eyes scan slowly and carefully across the trail in front of me before fixing onto some rustling in the distance before a scaly head popped into view!

One of the serpentine!

I stay on my toes sprinting off after the snake quickly following them to see where they were rushing off to. The snake would surely lead to Lily somehow and I wasn't going to wait around for the other ninja this time. Lily was in danger because of me and I was going to do something about it!

Ninja never quit!

The snake was pretty fast but I was able to keep up with it for most of the journey, I only lost sight of it towards the end as they slipped down a small tunnel in the middle of practically nowhere. After waiting for a few moments, I slowly advance on the entry way to see the tunnel was leading downwards towards what seemed to be an old mine or prison. I shrug quietly to myself knowing there was no other way in before taking out my shurikens and leaping into the hole sliding down myself.

I was then exposed to a rather large and broken down prison filled to the brim with members from the different snake clans. Most of them were gathered around a small circular stage cheering and waiting. Whilst others were above on platforms looking down on the scene. It was at this point that I saw her, her small fail body lying cold in the corner of a cell not far from where I entered. I wasn't even sure if she was breathing at first...

Poor Lily...

*Lily*

I awoke to the sound of banging against metal bars, my head pounding and blurring my vision. I must have passed out from the poor conditions in the cell but my thoughts were clear enough to remember what had happened and where I was. I blink quickly and sit up slowly my clothes being soaked due to laying in the cold soggy cell. It wasn't long before I felt a scaly arm yank me up and force me to my feet while another grabbed my arms gripping them tight. My eyes flick between the snakes I could now see thanks to my vision clearing but I was unsure of what was going on.