twelve.

Youngmin was unbelievably behaving well lately, that Serin has so much free time in her hands, and her first-aid stuff hasn't been touched. She prays everyday that this goes on until the school year after. It's about time Youngmin should take care of his studies.

"Will you be my prom date?"

Serin stopped on her way to the cafeteria, and noticed a bunch of students circling two more students. The guy was kneeling on one knee, and was holding out a bouquet of flowers towards the girl.

And from the cheers she heard from afar, she's guessing the girl agreed to be his prom date. She just smiled at the scene, and continued going to the cafeteria.

"Be my prom date!" a loud deep voice echoed through the cafeteria, which made everyone turn their heads towards them.

Another guy was having a proposal for prom. This time, the guy had a life size stuffed toy to give to the girl. The girl seemed very touched, and said yes to him. And soon, the attention given to them was turned to their own businesses.

"It's still more than one and a half month for prom, though? Aren't they being impatient? What if their dates back out last minute? Tsk tsk." she said.

"So.. you don't have a date, yet? Did no one ask you out?" Youngmin asked, hoping she still doesn't. Serin shook her head, much to Youngmin's delight.

"A few asked me out, but we never really talked to each other so why would I be their prom date? Them asking me to be their prom date is like, uh.. our first conversation? They can't really expect me to agree with that. I rather would have no date, at all if that's the case." she answered, and continued doing her unfinished school work.

Youngmin played with his pen in his hand, and bit his lip. His other hand rubbed the back of his neck.

"If you don't have a prom date by the day of the prom, should I just be your date?" Youngmin "offered". Everyone knows Youngmin wants to be Serin's prom date. Except her. And that question actually means "Please be my prom date." but since Serin has some kind of slow mentality at times, she didn't notice it. She isn't even interested at prom.

"Sure." she answered, unbothered, while Youngmin feels like he's in cloud nine for hearing her agree to his deal. He's kind of regretting not moving the date earlier, but who cares, Serin isn't really interested in this, and so far he cannot think of any other guy who would ask her to prom who actually stands a chance to get accepted.

He'll just have to switch back into being a troublemaker when that happens, anyway.

And for the whole day, Youngmin was in a good mood that he smiled and talked a lot all throughout his classes, and he even agreed to switch with his classmate's cleaning duty since that day is Serin's duty, too, so he can do something productive while he waits for her.

He's already planning how he'll propose to her right at the day of the prom. Should he do this or that? What does she like better? In these kind of situations he gets to be thankful for being her best friend. He literally knows what kind of set up he can do which suits her taste.

After much daydreaming, he finished cleaning and returned the cleaning materials to the locker at the back of the classroom. He got his bag, and slid the door close, before heading to the classroom next door.

Just then, he saw Seongwoo and Serin having a little chit-chat by the window across the door. Serin was fideting with the mop she was holding, and Seongwoo looked like he was saying something to her.

Youngmin didn't know what to do, but for some reason he's calm about it this time. He doesn't have the urge to punch him nor get into a collar-grabbing moment at that time. He just stood there, waiting for them to finish.

But then, he grew anxious. Just anxious, not angry nor envious. Well, he just realized that he might be asking her to prom right now, and he might happen to be witnessing a situation that'll break his day.

It won't really be impossible for her to be his prom date. Serin is very forgiving to people, if, of course, the person apologized for his deeds. And by the expression on Seongwoo's face, it seems like he's trying to receive forgiveness for being a crappy jerk before.

Once they get on good terms, again, he might grab the chance to ask her for prom, and there's Yougmin's deal blowing up into thin air.

But what can he do, he made the deal himself, and not like he can forbid her from choosing her prom date.

Just then, a girl whom Youngmin recognizes as one Seongwoo has kissed before, interrupted them. The girl walked up to them with no fear, and slapped Serin so hard that the girl's hand left an evident dark mark on her cheek. Seongwoo barely stopped the girl from pulling Serin's hair, when Youngmin stepped in.

"Thank the heavens I don't hit a girl or I might've slapped you twice as harder than you did to her." Youngmin glared at her, and at Seongwoo. Then, pulled Serin away from the classroom, forcing her to drop the mop she was holding.

"That girl is nuts." Serin just said as they got out. The dark mark on her face slightly turned lighter, and it was now disappearing slowly. However, it still stung for a bit.

Youngmin cupped her other cheek, and examined the hurt one worriedly.

"That girl has the nerve to do that. Aish." he ranted in frustration.

"Just let it go. I'm sure this is the only thing she'll do to me. I don't even know who she is." she convinced him. He's still worried for her, but just sighed and walked her back home, forgetting to ask what Seongwoo and her were talking about earlier.

~~~~~

[ i'm sorry for using "Aish" I just did not want to make Youngmin curse lmao ]

[ Omg almost 3k reads asdfghjkl thank youuuu ]