nine.

[ added a few paragraphs? ]

~~~~~~~~

All throughout the travel to Youngmin's hometown, Busan, the two of them remained quiet.

It's been awhile since Serin stepped in Youngmin's house, so she can't help but feel a bit nervous somehow. They were welcomed by his older brother who was quite taken aback to see Serin tagging along Youngmin. Usually, Youngmin informs them if Serin's coming over, too, but this time he either didn't or he forgot. They put down their bags at Youngmin's room, and rested for a while before visiting the hospital.

Youngmin's mother hasn't woken up, yet. But the doctor assured them that she's going to wake up soon, and get a few more days of rest before she can be discharged.

When he opened the door to his mother's room, she noticed his dad taking a nap on the couch. Her eyes then darted to his mother. She looks pale, and she lost some weight.

Youngmin waked his father up and told him he'll take over for now, and go home, since his father needs to rest, too. His father was reluctant to go home, but Serin assured him once more, and that finally convinced him. Serin's effect to his family is greater than Youngmin, actually.

"Why do I feel like you're the real child here, not me?" he said, jokingly, after his father went out.

"I know right." Serin said, and sat on the couch.

"When will she wake up?" he murmured, but she managed to catch it. She turned to him, and smile.

"She will, soon. Just wait for a little more." she encouraged, and patted his shoulder.

They talked for about an hour more, but both of them soon went into dreamland, with their heads leaning against each other's. Youngmin woke up to get some drinks because he got thirsty, so Serin got no choice but to wake up, too. She sat on a stool near his mother's bed after he went out. She held her hand, and muttered softly,

"Auntie, uh, Youngmin's really worried for you. He looks restless, too. I'm sure he'll get more restless once he gets back to school with all the things he missed." she said, thinking for some more words, "Ah! He cried at school earlier. Seems like he's also having a hard time aside from this, but he doesn't even say anything at all to me. I'm his best friend, but I know nothing. What kind of best friend is that, right?" she sulked jokingly. "That's why, please wake up soon, I think he needs someone to rely on, too. And, of course I want to at least talk to you before I go back to school, again." she said, and felt the older's hand press hers. Serin looked at her, and saw her eyes looking at hers (Serin's).

Serin's eyes widened, "Auntie! Ah ah, I need to call Youngmin."

But before Serin could stand, and call Youngmin, his mother tightened her grip on Serin's hands. Actually, she was just sleeping when the two arrived. Youngmin's father didn't know, too, because he was sleeping when she woke up, so she decided not to wake up her husband, and managed to fall asleep later on.

And now, Serin just woke her up, with all her babbling to the older. So, of course, she heard everything, and thankful to Serin because she stayed by Youngmin's side, and even accompanied him, here.

Youngmin's mother just mouthed her a thank you, and let her go to fetch wherever Youngmin has gone off.

"Youngmin! Are you in a situation to worry about your drink? Go back there, dummy, your mother's awake. Give me those." Serin snatched the bottles of drink, and pushed him to go faster, and he speed walked until they reached room.

Youngmin's mom just smiled at the sight of her son, and the daughter-in-law she wants (although they're just highschool). She actually lowkey pushes his son to Serin.