Day One.

The world came into focus agonizingly slowly, as if someone was painstakingly twisting the lens of a camera to capture a photo exactly the way they wanted it. As her vision gradually sharpened and reduced in its blurry nature, Alex became aware of her other senses coming back to life, unleashing a slew of new experiences and sensations upon her. She was laying down, curled up in a ball with her face pressed against the ground. The floor beneath her was chilling to the touch, made of gray cement and impossibly smooth. There was no detectable smells other than the odor of the sweat coating her skin. And her head...her head felt like someone was driving a screw into the back of it, a blazing pain striking deep into her skull. She fuzzily recalled being knocked unconscious, but she didn't remember anything about being taken to an unknown location.

With unsteady hands, Alex pushed herself off the frigid ground, scanning her surroundings. Four walls of glass encased her in a box, with chain-link fencing acting as a ceiling. A seemingly random pipe stood in the corner, and she didn't pay much attention to it. Instead, she rose to her feet, wasting no time in making her way to one of the glass walls and pounding on it with her fist. The result was similar to someone throwing a pebble at a brick wall. Alex knew that she was strong; she had to be after all of the grueling combat training she faced at the DEO. But she could do nothing against the barriers encasing her. She had only received proper training against a living opponent fighting against her, not practice in busting out of containment, so with no one she could manipulate or use their strength against themselves, she was at a loss. Outside of the walls were nothing but boxes, as if she had been trapped in a storage unit or a garage. It looked abandoned, and she knew that it was unlikely for anyone to just waltz in and whisk her to safety. This was complicated and well-thought out, which wasn't a good sign for her.

Panic bubbling in her chest, Alex looked around frantically for anything she could use to break the glass, and found a camera in one of the upper corners. Fear was effortlessly replaced by anger and she pointed a stern finger at the camera, threatening that her colleagues were going to find her, and when they did, her captor was going to be a in a world of hurt, so he should take the chance that he had to release her.

There was no response.

The redhead swore quietly under her breath, again running to one of the panels and banging her palms against it, this time also calling out for help. She knew her attempts were in vain, but it was only her natural instinct to hope that someone could be out there, listening.

She was met with only silence.

She slumped against one of the walls, sliding to the floor and burying her face in her hands, her legs splayed out in front of her. Despair threatened to plague Alex's thoughts, but she resisted the temptation to give into her intoxicating fear. She had to hope that Maggie and Kara were coming for her. They had to be. At this point, they were her only chance at escape.

{A/N: Another filler. Expect good content in the next chapter!}