Day Two.

Alex couldn't sleep. She was ridiculously jittery and anxious, barely able to keep herself from shaking. A plain wristwatch on her wrist told her that a full day had already passed. What was her time limit? She could only assume that she was being held hostage for some reason, but who was her captor trying to barter with? Alex could only see herself being used as an association to Supergirl, but only a person that knew that the two were sisters could use that knowledge against them, and nobody but close and trusted friends had been told about their siblinghood.

Alex rubbed her eyes with her palms furiously, trying to knock some sense into herself and think of a way to escape. She had thrown herself against the transparent panels that encased her with all the force she could muster, but she had dealt not even the slightest bit of damage. It seemed that muscling her way out of the situation was pointless.

Her stomach growled angrily, nudging at Alex persistently and asking for sustenance. She still had yet to hear anything from her captor or receive any sort of contact from the world outside of her enclosure, meaning that she hadn't eaten in over a day. Was she simply to stay here until she was either found or died because of malnutrition? That seemed like a horrid way to go, and she didn't want to die that easily. Alex was not someone that could be taken advantage of, and she did her very best to keep that in mind, but in this puzzle of a predicament, it seemed like the renowned Alex Danvers was stuck.

* * * *

She woke up strangely wet and cold. Her bleary eyes took their time in opening and focusing, and as she wearily pushed herself off the ground, her hands slipped, sloshing around. Alex's mind, now perplexed, quickly sharpened and directed its attention to what lay beneath her, and registered the presence of water. Water, pouring in from an open pipe and spreading over the concrete floor, rising fast and chilling her to the bone. The redhead was already soaked up to her ankles.

Her throat closed up as she realized what her captor's intentions were. Kara and Maggie had to save her before the gushing waters swallowed her whole. Alex rushed over to the pipe, where the water was surging out at an alarming pace, and hastily discarded her jacket, then attempted to shove it into the pipe's opening to at least partially block the flow of water and gain her some more time, but it was useless. The water was too forceful, and it thrust her jacket right back at her, now sopping wet. She swore loudly, cursing herself for being caught and caged so effortlessly.

Again, Alex tried to fling her body against the glass walls, but they wouldn't budge, no matter how many times she rammed into it with her shoulder. "God damn it!" she yelled to her empty surroundings. Tears of frustration built up behind her eyes, threatening to push over, while a hollow feeling resounded in her chest. There were so many things that she had yet to do, so many dreams and milestones that she would never get the chance to have, all because she had taken life for granted. She had just shared her first Valentine's Day with Maggie, her first girlfriend, and now their relationship was going to be cut short. She wasn't going to share the firsts that she had never before been able to enjoy with the person she loved. Everything was ending too fast, and Alex felt her world collapsing around her.

With the water steadily climbing, almost up to her waistline at this point, Alex yanked off her shoes and socks, leaving them to be consumed by the depths around her, then kicking at the glass wall with the bottom of her bare foot. She scrambled to undo her belt, wrapping it around her knuckles and using it as a guard while she tried for the last time to drive her fist into the impenetrable glass. Teeth gritted and chest heaving from the exertion, the redhead let loose with a bone-chilling screech, pouring every ounce of effort that she could possibly muster into damaging her transparent cage. But just as before, nothing proved to be of any use. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes as she staggered back from the wall, clutching at her chest as sobs broke free from her throat. She could literally feel her time limit shrinking, the end of her life drawing near with each passing minute, and there had been no sign of Kara nor Maggie making any progress in rescuing her.

Alex was treading water at this point, swirling her limbs in the cold water to keep her face above the waves. Her mind was whirling, scavenging for ideas and hurriedly attempting to bring them to the surface so she could prolong what little time remained for her. A thought sprung out of the darkness, prompting Alex to peel off her black pants, leaving her in a pair of boxer briefs. She tied the legs of the pants together, then threw the article of clothing over the water, dragging it through and letting the material fill up with oxygen, creating a makeshift lifejacket. She then slipped the loop over her head, letting it support her above the threat chasing after her. As the redhead slowly rose to the chain-link fence of a ceiling, she noticed that the wires ended before the walls around her did, ensuring that the water would close over her head. She was doomed.

Clutching desperately to the fence to keep her above the waves, Alex pressed her nose through one of the openings in the links and took shaky breaths, feeling the water creep up her neck. She was almost out of time. Her eyes shut, and as water trickled into her open mouth, Alex gulped her last breath of air and sunk, sucking in what little oxygen remained in her pant legs. Seconds felt like hours as they were lost, a burning feeling snatching at her lungs, her body shuddering. Her body begged to be sustained, but there was nothing she could do. Darkness settled upon Alex Danvers, the quiet hero, as she blacked out.