Chapter 70

[RECAP: Leonie's dorm mates have dared her to take advantage of Father Stephen's absence, and spend an illicit final night with Father Gabriel in the presbytery...]

★★★ FALLING FROM GRACE is out on AMAZON TODAY! ★★★

If you've enjoyed it, and would like to buy a copy, I would be so happy!

★★★Or please consider reviewing on Amazon/Goodreads, it means the world to me! ★★★

Even though it was her last night at school, Leonie still felt terrified sneaking out of the dorm that night. She had decided to accept Harry's challenge and try the drainpipe.

This turned out to be easier than she had anticipated, as there were various ledges and other footholds as well. She was glad she had worn her dressing gown, however unalluring it might be. January was definitely not the warmest of months in England.

It was only when she crossed the courtyard, sticking to the shadows and hoping desperately that none of the nuns were looking out of their windows, that she realised the presbytery door might be locked. Damn. Amid all their plans, no one had stopped to consider this. The chapel was open at all hours, allowing for prayers throughout the night.

The presbytery might be a different matter. Leonie would have uttered a silent prayer, except there couldn't be anything much more sacrilegious than praying for access to seduce a Catholic priest.

She would just have to hope. And worst case scenario, throw gravel at the window. At least she now knew which window belonged to Gabriel.

Her hands were so cold after the icy metal of the drainpipe that she had to rub some warmth back into them to even try the handle. When she did, and it turned, she felt almost weak with relief. Leonie quickly slipped inside, trying to get her eyes to become accustomed to the dark. She didn't dare switch a light on.

She crept up the stairs, trying not to make them creak. At the top was a small landing with three doors. One was ajar, and a shaft of light from a window revealed it to be the bathroom. Then she had to take a guess which of the other two was Gabriel's door. Figuring out three dimensional spaces wasn't her skill, but she decided his was more likely to be the one on the right. Should she knock or just open it? It was past midnight so he'd almost certainly be asleep. If she slipped in and he woke to see her there, it might freak him out.

Leonie tapped the door and waited. Nothing. She tapped a little more loudly. "Gabriel. It's me, Leonie."

There was movement inside. "What?" He sounded sleepy and confused.

She pushed the door open to find Gabriel sitting up in bed, his eyes widening with shock as he looked at her. The moon shone through the window as the curtains weren't drawn.

Leonie felt lost for words. "I just wanted to say goodbye before I left."

"I don't know whether I should be hoping that this is a dream or not. What on earth are you doing here?" Gabriel didn't seem angry, just bewildered. "How did you get here?"

"I climbed down the drainpipe. Your door wasn't locked."

Gabriel swore. "For heaven's sake, Leonie. You might have fallen and been seriously injured."

"I wasn't though. It wasn't even that hard. Harry showed me how."

He groaned. "Don't tell me all your friends are in on this?"

"Kind of. They've stuffed my bed with blankets in case Matron does a midnight inspection."

Gabriel was silent for a moment, then started laughing. "You'd better come over here, you look freezing."

Leonie, who had been standing tentatively in the doorway, went over to the bed. The room was very spartan. There was a cross above the bed which gave her a rather guilty feeling. A very guilty feeling, in fact.

He pulled her into the bed with him. "Since you're here..." Then he rolled so he was over her, and brought his mouth down on hers. Just being kissed by him was amazing. Having to pretend he was only her teacher for the past few weeks had been a kind of starvation.

***VISIT EXTERNAL LINK FOR THE FULL, M-RATED SCENE***

Gabriel held her afterwards, and they fell asleep in one another's arms. They ended up making love several times in the night. Gabriel finally had to wake an exhausted Leonie just before dawn so she could sneak back to her dorm without being caught.

"I'll write to you and phone you whenever I can," he promised her. "And I'll see you at Easter."

Leaving him felt like a physical pain. But Leonie knew they were meant to be together. Somehow, they would work it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sexy stuff in the companion novel again.

And not just sexy stuff... Gabriel says something pretty awesome too...

 Gabriel says something pretty awesome too