Chapter 2 - Nino

He woke up and slipped on his glasses immediately. He drank a glass of water, got dressed for school and left his room. He was about to go to his brother's room when he heard a high pitched yell. His eyes widened. He ran into his room and hugged him. The little boy grabbed onto Nino, crying. I cursed and looked up to the ceiling as though the answers where written there.

His brother had Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Yes, his brother. What made it worse that the boy was eight. EIGHT! He could only imagine what he had gone through. He would wake up in the middle of the night screaming at the top of his lungs random words. But the most common words where don't leave me and mommy and please. He would repeat these words over and over with a few 'I'm sorry's until he looked up and realised Nino was not his mother. Then he would start crying again.

Nino lived alone with his father for years. He used to be a lot different from his current self. Heck! They didn't even live in Paris. His father decided to change their names so that no one would recognise them from their actual country. He used to steal from shops and smoke weed and do all sorts of drugs and his father used to cheer him on. They were making money from the suffering of others and enjoying it. Now he was just some kid in Paris.

He liked being some kid in Paris though. He used to be so reckless, his mother walked out on his father when he was only six. His father had introduced him to smoking and alcoholism right there and then. And being a naive child, he joined. His life style continued until he found his saving grace. It was music. Music was his saving grace. Only God knows what he would have done without it.

After some time his dad got in with the wrong crowd, well... He was already with the wrong crowd but these guys were really bad. They must've been. They spent almost all their money leaving. His father never stopped his habits but Nino was done with it. He refused to take part anymore. Soon they barely had enough to make ends meet. Each of them got multiple odd jobs, distancing from each other as much as they could. He hated his father. As well as his mother. He hated everyone. Everything in the world. But music.

At the age of seventeen on a Sunday someone knocked on the door to their apartment. Nino had no idea as he was listening to his music. It wasn't until his battery died that he noticed the soft knocking on the door. His father ran off to hide. Nino was freaking out at first but gradually relaxed. At least if it's the cops, they can throw this idiot in jail and me but he would go to jail. I can go to juvie! Then I'll never see him again! He began to welcome the idea and opened the door only to see a pale white boy with a piece of paper in his hands. He rolled his eyes.

"I don't want to sign anything okay? Get lost - I mean, no thanks." He shut the door with a growl. Fudging retards using a kid to bribe me into signing some stupid-

There was a knock again. He opened the door. The boy gave him the piece of paper shaking, obviously scared of him. Nino calmed down.

"Shi- sorry kid. I'm just... I'm no good without my music. Come on in." He let the boy in and read the piece of paper only to find out that it was a letter. His dad peeked out from his hiding spot.

"Hey kid, are the cops gone? Come on kid. Speak up-" Nino handed him the letter wordlessly and sat down, staring at the fair boy. The boy was really uncomfortable and stared at everything else but Nino. He was undeterred though and kept on staring.

It was a letter from one of his father's sluts. Apparently she was pregnant it was his and she didn't want the boy. She left his name. Christopher. After a lot of argument it was decided that the boy could stay but Nino had to pay for everything he ate and drank and wore. Everything. He struggled at first but in the end he did. He ended up using his own school fees at a point and repeated. Maybe it was twice. He didn't remember. All he knew was that his brother loved school. His brother, the only person who he had ever loved was happy. It made him happy. Besides. School sucked anyway. That was why no one of them knew how old he was. A nineteen year old turning twenty in a class for eighteen year olds? Yeah. Good luck with that.

And now here was the child he had sacrificed so much for and was willing to give up his life for in a heartbeat sobbing. Just like he had for the last two years. It made Nino feel hurt and useless. He couldn't do anything. Nothing could stop it. He let his brother finish his crying until he fell asleep. He contemplated between staying at home with Chris or taking him to school and going to school as well. He decided to take him. His teacher was getting really angry. He made sure never to leave him with his father. He didn't want him corrupting the child's innocent mind like he had done to his.

He got his brother ready for school and walked to the couch. They didn't have a dining room or a dining table. He made them both cereal and handed the boy a bowl.

"Did you finish your homework?" The boy's face was blank. Nino swallowed in pain and stared at his bowl to stop it.

"Yeah. Did you?" Nino laughed.

"I'm not a very good role model am I?"

"You're better than Maurice though Mama." He couldn't help but smile. The kid called him that by accident at first but he laughed so much the boy decided to use it whenever he was angry with him. Such a smart little broken six year old. It was his superpower. Kind of like Manon's puppy dog eyes.

"I kno- shh." Maurice walked in and glanced at them. Nino waited for the comment.

"Still doing music huh? Wasting your time kid. Ah well. What should I expect from the son of Jamie?" Nino cringed. His mother wasn't used very often unless Maurice really wanted to get to him. Chris stuck his tongue out at the man's retreating back and turned to Nino, hoping it would cheer him up. He grabbed the boy's hand.

"But my-" Nino pulled him out of the door, upsetting the bowl. They walked in silence.

"Mama, I'm sorry." Chris pouted looking like an abandoned puppy which he was two years before. Nino couldn't resist the cuteness.

"It's okay Chris."

"Maurice is a butthead." Nino laughed.

"Yeah. He is." Nino grabbed him and swumg him onto his shoulders. Chris smiled, knowing Nino was Nino again. They talked and pointed at random funny or interesting things. They basically enjoyed each others company like every other day. They got to Chris' school. Nino put him down and hugged him.

"Stay safe little bro."

"You too Mama."

"And remember, beware of Ms.-"

"MR. LAHIFFE!" He cringed. "YOUR SON HASN'T BEEN TO SCHOOL FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS AND-" Nino ran away. The other kids who had ran out of their classes for the usual Ms. Baker show down laughed. She bustled up to the front of the school, her bs jumping up and down like the Asian woman from TURN DOWN FOR WHAT. She didn't catch him obviously and yelled at his retreating back. And yes. You heard right. Son. There was no way he was putting Maurice's name down. None.

He walked into school and took a breath before placing his headphones on his ears and walking down the hall for his first class. You might be wondering how he managed to be early. He used the same trick as Alya only he woke at six fifteen. For his brother and Ms. Baker the Nino Executor professional. He had no idea that that day might've been the last day he would ever see Chris ever again.

Nothing about Nino here is true except the fact that he had a relative named Chris. The second season isn't out so I just used my imagination though I doubt any of this will happen. Whatever bye =)