...and Solace Part 2

"So... Nino," they were sitting on the floor together in a corner of the huge ball room chewing gum.

"Yes?"

"How old are you?" He smiled.

"Don't freak out."

"I won't!"

"I'm turning 20 in a few weeks-"

"WHAT?! Oh wait, you're kidding. Haha, nice try idiot. Now seriously, how old a&e you?"

"I just told you."

"Seriously?" Her eyes widened. "That's um, I mean, how?!" He shrugged.

"Sometimes I didn't have enough to pay for my school fees and Chris' so I just skipped a year or two."

"Wow... you really care for him..."

"Yeah. He's the first person I've ever really... loved I guess. Like I told you before, my life isn't exactly perfect." She smiled.

"It never is. So... where did you get your headphones?" He frowned. "You don't have to-"

"It was winter. I was in London. With my mother. I... I don't remember her face. All I know is that she was amazing."

Flashback

"Nino! Hurry up sweetheart!" He ran after her, dragging his luggage behind him. He followed his mother to who knows where.

"Mommy, where are we going?"

"We're leaving." She walked on with a tight grip on her suitcase and her child.

"B-but what about daddy-"

"His name is Maurice. And that good for nothing man doesn't deserve someone as amazing as you in his life." She walked on quickly, glancing left and right. Suddenly there were sirens. She broke into a sprint and ran, leaving her little boy barely keeping up. She looked back. Her heart caught in her throat. He was on the floor, crying. She ran over to him sit a pained look on her face.

"What is it hon?"

"Mommy, my leg hurts." He cried on the London streets while his mother tried to calm him down without being seen. She shook her head sadly.

"You... you can't come with me-"

"No mommy! I can do it! I'm big and brave and strong! I'm protect you!" She smiled at her rambling son.

"If course you are. But I need you to do something. Come with me." She took him to a store.

"Whatever you want. No matter how expensive." She tapped the big suitcase full of stolen money in her hand. He looked around before spotting bright orange headphones. His eyes lit up with joy.

"Mommy! I want that one!" She smiled and bought it for him. The clerk looked at them suspiciously but accepted the money any way. His mother grabbed him without a word and left. The clerk was calling the police.

"Son, I need you to sit right here and gaurd this." She handed him the headphones wordlessly.

"Why mommy?"

"Um, because you're an important gaurdian of course! The fate of the world rests on you young man," she placed a red cap on his head. It didn't fit at all. "You must protect it... that was your grandfath- anyway, gaurd it okay? I'll be right back! I love you. You know that, right love?" He nodded with a toothy smile.

"Love you too!" His mother walked away, tears running down her cheeks.

She never came back.

He blinked. "You know, I haven't told anyone that. Actually, I barely remembered any of that until now." A sad smile made its way into Alya's face.

"She loved you Nino. She loved you so much she let you go. And that has got to be the hardest thing to do Nino. To loose someone as amazing as you." He backed up in shock.

"U-um thank you."

"You don't believe me. That's too bad because it's true. You are just too amazing to be real. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming of you."

"I-I-" she kissed him on the forehead. He smiled at the warmth and immediately wished she was in his arms. So he did just that. She doubled over laughing.

"Don't you think this a bit too fast Lahiffe?" She expected him to stutter.

"No. I don't think so at all." She rose an eyebrow then smiled, cuddling with her friend. It's a friendly cuddle Alya. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Nino was repeating the same mantra to himself. Just friends, just friends-

Yeah I'm done.

The Bubbler and Lady Wifi came back. She refused to look up, playing with his fingers. They stayed there peacefully for a few seconds before he got bored.

"Come on. Let's dance." He got up and pressed a random song on her phone.
L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole began to play. They both blushed but he didn't change it. She took his hand and they walked to the dance floor. It started awkward but they slowly loosened up and had fun, spinning and dipping and adding a lot of jazz hands everywhere.

They spent the rest of the night laughing at pictures on the wall and videos on her phone, dancing and chewing bubblegum. All four of them. They were perfectly balanced. At the end of the night they slept on the same bed with the excuse that his bed was completely drenched in water. My plan was working. I couldn't wait for the next day. And neither could they.

The torture was forgotten. They had found their solace. And what a surprise that they found it in each other.

👏👏👏 such a suckish cliche ending! For the chapter of course. Hi humans! I don't do many author's notes so I feel weird. Bye😊

Ps. It's been so long since I used that emoji. I kinda missed it. Bye🖖