Water War

"You haven't changed a bit Wifi!" He grinned at her for a long before she rolled her eyes.

"Shut your mouth idiot." He closed it.

"Too bad we don't have our powers though. I would have- HEY!" He patted the wet patch on his shirt and turned to a guilty looking Alya who was hiding something away behind her back.

"Wifi, what's that behind you?"

"Um... uh... none of your business BOIIIIIII!" She blasted him with her water gun. He ducked before it hit him and crawled through isles avoiding her sprays.

Water gun water gun wa- JACKPOT!! He got up with a huge smirk, holding his gun in his hand and twirling it around his finger expertly. Meaning he dropped it and picked it up again.

"This store ain't big enough for the both of us Wifi. A long time ago we used to be close... but that's all over now."

"Don't do this Richard! Please! Don't throw away out future because of some silly redhead swank! Come back to me my love! It doesn't have to end like this!"

"I... I'm afraid I have no choice. Goodbye, Patricia."

"You will be in my heart forever mi amore."

"And you in mine- HEY!" She cursed when he dodged.

"Stay still so I can kill you love!" They kept blasting water at each other. Then all of a sudden Nino disappeared from her view. "Oh Richard! Come out so I can win!" A laugh came from above her. She looked up just in time to narrowly dodge a water balloon. She avoided more and more, running through customer after customer. She grabbed a random boy.

"Take the kid! He's young and his meat is tender." The child screamed and ran away. She laughed.

"Never gets old- freeze boy." He froze. "I hope you have a blast in the water heavens bro!" She threw one of his own water balloons at him. He ducked just in time. It made impact though. With a face. The old woman spat out some water, wiping her eyes.

"What was that?" Her eyes widened.

"I am so sorry! I am so so so sorry I promise I'll make it up to you we didn't mean to do anything we were just playing around-"

"We?"

"What do you mean, we?"

"You're the one who threw the balloon!"

"What?! You've been pelting me with them for centuries now!"

"What are you two doing?" They turned to the old lady with nervous smiles. She took a look at them. They were wearing supervillain costumes with sweat water pouring doen their faces mixed with sweat. Then she looked at herself in the mirror with the bits of balloon on her hair.

They waited nervously for her reaction. Then she started laughing. Her laughter grew as she looked at them again. They found themselves laughing as well. They did look kind of ridiculous.

"You two... are hilarious!"

"Um... thanks?"

"Ha! I haven't laughed this much for a long time! You know what? Continue your water war. But I need to know who wins at the end okay kids?"

"Woah. You are one cool granny ma'am."

"WHY thank you! Finally someone notices." They all laughed.

"I'll give you a ten second head start Sheriff."

"Great! Wait, really-"

"9-"

"Bye lady!" He ran off.

"8... 7... 6.. 3... 1... 0!" She raced into the store, searching for him. They kept blasting at each other until they made it to the front of the store where the old lady was. They glowered at each other.

"This store ain't big enough for the both of-"

"You already said that doofus." He shrugged. The old lady clapped excitedly.

"It's the final battle. First to shoot wins. 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... GO!" Alya shot Nino square in the chest. His gun dropped out of his hands as he held his chest.

"Pa... Patricia..." Her eyes widened. She ran over to him and held his hand, placing his head in her lap gently.

"Richard... no... You can't die on me Richard! You-"

"It's... it's time for me to go."

"No!" She fake sniffed. The old lady leaned forward excitedly, keeping silent so she wouldn't miss anything.

"Take... take care of Marissa for me... my love..." He took in his final breath and went limp in her arms.

"No, no, NO! DON'T DIE ON ME RICHARD! You know... you did die by water. I bet mouth to mouth resuscitation will... nah." She hid her smile when he huffed. "Richard! Don't leave me..." She picked up her own water gun, her hand shaking. She clutched his hand and kissed it gently, holding it close to her heart while putting her finger on the trigger in the other hand. "You know... Patricia Davenport Roberta Marie Sawyer is the kind of girl that loves to win... but... at what cost? Sometimes... you have... to learn... to lose... I will see you soon my love... soon..." She shot herself in the ear and fell on top of Nino. The old woman clapped, wiping her eyes at the end.

"That... that was beautiful! But why did you have to kill yourself Patricia? Why?! And Richard! Oh! He had a good soul he did but he didn't deserve such a stone cold fox like you!" Alya got up, grinning.

"Thanks."

"Oh heavens! She's back from the dead! Probably unfinished business! I don't know where Marissa is! I don't have anything! Please don't hurt me!" Nino chuckled, getting up.

"You are one funny old woman."

"Aww! Thanks cutie!" She winked. He looked away, embarassed. Alya rolled her eyes and grabbed Nino.

"Hey. No flirting with my husband lady! Back off! He's mine!" She dragged him away and sat herself down in the isle where they found the villain costumes. She touched her mask, sighing.

"You miss them, don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Nino."

"I miss them too."

"I just... they were actually really nice. Apart from making us villains and all."

"Yeah..." They were suit for a while, mourning the loss of their villain counterparts. "Well, we will always have a part of them in there. And... I don't know about you, but I like being me and you as you way more than serving that butthurtfly." She laughed.

"#same."

"So... why have you been ignoring me?" She sighed.

"I don't know Nino. I've been trying to make sense of it myself these past few days."

"Well... I hope you find out soon."

"I hope I do too."

"Let's go get out pizza. I mean, we are cool right?"

"More or less. Yeah." They thanked the old woman and left the store. But if they thought her reaction was crazy then, just wait till you see what happens next.