Intervention

Alya had been in bed, pretending to be sick and ignoring her friends especially Nino for four days. Her parents actually supported it. They wanted her to be in their sights as much as possible. They didn't know she was lying to her friends though. Everytime one of them came to her door her parents simply said that she needed some time alone to clear her head. True it wasn't entirely false. But then again it wasn't very true either.

She woke up from another bad night and yawned wearily. She trudged to the bathroom and stared at herself. She looked awful. She touched her bird nest hair and sighed. She walked over to her bed side table with her eyes half open to grab her phone when she realised that all she was touching was air. Her eyes opened wide as she began to search the whole table for it. It was nowhere to be found. She looked around her room for a few more minutes before heading down the stairs.

"ELLA! ETTA! IF YOU TOOK MY GADGET AGAIN SO HELP ME I WILL-"

"Alya!" She winced and sent a forced smile her mother's way. Marlena sighed. What on earth was wrong with her daughter?

"We didn't do it!!" She raised an eyebrow.

"Promise?" They nodded, pouting.

"Pinky promise?"

"WE DIDN'T DO IT!!" She sighed.

"Fine." She stomped up to her room and tore the whole place down looking for it. She made so much noise that Lena started crying. Her mother carried the crying child in her arms, about to go upstairs and talk to her daughter when Otis stepped in.

"You stay down here what the girls. I think Alya and I need to have a little talk." He marched upstairs and walked into her room, folding his arms. "Alya." No response. "A-"

"I don't have time to talk dad! I need to find my phone!" She continued het search frantically while her dad tried to get a word in.

Meanwhile one of her friends had walked in uninvited. Her mother beamed at their guest and took him upstairs. He walked into her room and waited. She didn't even notice him. He coughed loudly. She glanced at him.

"Oh hey Adrien." She went back to searching before freezing and turning around. "Adrien... hey..." He chuckled and folded his arms, leaning on the door frame.

"What are you doing Alya?"

"Searching for my phone!" He sighed.

"No," he walked up to her, spun her and placed his hands firmly on her shoulders his eyes going right through her fake smile. "What. Are you. Doing?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He sighed again heavily and let go, ignoring the fear in her eyes. The fear that he could see right through her facade. Which he could. They searched for a while before he spotted it on a table. He quickly walked over and grabbed it, pretending to rummage around.

"Please don't make this difficult Alya." He opened it up and saw a picture of four of them on the screen.

"What do you-"

"Here's your phone back." She let out an excited yelp and ran towards him, snatching her phone.

"Great! Thanks Adrien! Now you can go..." She squinted as she looked into the home screen. Her face fell. "U-um... I... can explain..."

"Start." She took a good look at him and nodded slowly. They both sat down on her bed. She put her hair behind her hair, clenching her fists at her sides.

"I... don't know where to begin-"

"How about... oh I don't know... why on earth you just left Nino out there four days ago without any explanation whatsoever?" She took in a breath before answering.

"I... I don't know why-"

"Alya, I'm assuming Nino and you probably bonded a whole lot during that period. You have a connection that is special Alya. He shares it with no one but you. You understand each other right now. The trauma and all. How can you leave him like that Alya? The guy sacrificed so much for you! HE DESERVES BETTER DA... I'm sorry. I don't know how to... sorry." She nodded slowly. She felt it as well. It was like... a strong feeling to protect him. She remembered the torture and winced. She didn't want him to get hurt because of her anymore.

"I... I don't know if he's told you this but... we had some seriously tough times in there. But it was much worse for him. I just... I don't want him getting hurt anymore. Watching him in pain hurts more than I can explain Adrien. I can't... I don't know how to-"

"You can't what?"

"I... I don't kno-"

"You can't what?!"

"I don't know Adrien! If I did I would tell you-"

"YOU DO AND YOU KNOW IT!! YOU CAN'T WHAT?!"

"I'M NOT GONNA WATCH HIM GET HURT BECAUSE OF ME OKAY?! NO WAY ADRIEN!! NOT... not again." He cocked his head to the side, his expression softening.

"You don't want to hurt him. You're staying away... because you think you'll hurt him..." She looked down at her phone, trying to hold back her tears. He rose her chin up.

"Look at me Alya. Look at me." She hesitated then looked. "You being away from him hurts him more than you think."

"You... You're not gonna tell him... are you?" He smiled sadly and shook his head.

"As much as I would love to, I think it's only right for you to tell him on your own. I know you Dom believe me but it's really eating him up inside Alya. But I'm glad you got it off your chest anyway. A problem shared is a problem... forty nine point nine nine percent solved."

"That's oddly specific." He shrugged.

"I'm a man of many talents." She smiled.

"I'm glad I got it off my chest too. Thanks Adrien."

"Welcome." He got up and walked out of the door. She smiled and then sighed as she turned back to her loneliness. "Oh, by the way, get ready. We're going to the mall. You've got twenty minutes."

"WHAT?!" She face palmed and thought on not going. I mean it's not like he could force her. He wouldn't... would he?