go to war // carziger

"i'm sorry but we can't be with each other anymore," cody a half demon said sadly to maxx his half angel boyfriend. it was 3:00 am, nobody knew the two boys whose sides were opposite knew each other, let alone were in love. cody knew his side, hell, was preparing to declare war against heaven. he knew because his father was satan, the ruler of all hell.

"what, why?" maxx said, his eyes filling with tears, "cody you're literally all i have, if anyone back home figures out my sexuality i'll be killed, please don't leave me." by the end of maxx's plea, his tears began to fall.

"i'm so fucking sorry, maxx, but my father's planning a war and if we are still together when it happens we may have to fight each other," cody replies hugging maxx being careful to avoid the smaller boy's wings," i didn't want it to end up like this."

"could i possibly join your side?" maxx asked the boy whose arms were still wrapped around him. maxx knew what would happen if he were to enter hell. his wings would turn black, his halo would fade, all the demons would look at him oddly, and he knew that cody's father would likely hate him.

"maxx, are you really willing to go through all that just to be with me?" cody asked his boyfriend. cody knew how painful it would be for maxx. the turning of his wings and fading of his halo would be excruciating and the emotional pain that would come from the stares, rejection, and hatred would hurt. maxx was too pure for hell and they both knew it.

"cody, i love you more than either of us can comprehend," maxx said running a hand through his hair and staring into his boyfriend's eyes, "i'd do anything for you."

"i love you too but i don't want you to suffer," cody said.

"i suffer enough from not being able to be with you in my home," maxx says, " i can't be me at home."

"are you sure you want to do this?" cody asks as maxx nods. cody sighs and pulls out his phone. he goes to contacts and finds his dad. he presses call and waits for his father to pick up the phone. after about five rings cody's dad, the ruler of all hell, picks up.

"hey dad," cody begins as he scratches the back of his neck, "i need to tell you a few things."

"why don't you tell me face to face?" satan replies.

"a-alright, could i bring a friend?"

"yeah, of course."

cody and maxx then walked into a demon-owned gas station that had a portal to hell in the back room. "get the fuck out of here, angel," the worker spat at maxx.

"oh no, he's fine, he's with me," cody tells the worker nicely. even though he was a demon he needed to keep a good image because he was the prince. maxx grabbed cody's hand and intertwined their fingers. the couple walks to the portal, "are you sure you want to do this? once you step in there's no looking back, you're going to be a dark angel until you die"

"yes, cody, i'm 100% sure," maxx says leaning in to kiss his boyfriend. they shared a sweet, loving kiss.

"you ready?" cody asked maxx. maxx nodded taking a deep breath before they both stepped into the portal. the portal that would change maxx danziger's life forever.