good times // maxx

you were swinging on the swing set at the park near your house and you notice a tall blonde boy walking down the sidewalk. a gasp leaves your lips as the boy, two years older than you, turns and starts walking towards you. "holy shit it's maxx," you mutter as your eyes fill with tears. it was your best friend. the one you grew up with. the one you knew since you were in second grade, and he was in fourth grade. the one that moved to tennessee when you were in sixth grade.

now you are a junior and he's what you can only assume to be a freshman in college. he starts walking up to you. "y/n, holy shit is that you?" maxx asks. you were surprised you had recognized you. you had dyed your hair, changed your style, gotten piercings, and just completely changed. 

"maxx?" you ask, "holy fuck oh my god it's you."

tears spill from your eyes as you stop your swing and jump into your best friend's arms. you hug for a good five minutes until you finally calm down. "why are you here?" you ask.

"i'm here for college and i decided to take a trip down memory lane," maxx laughs.

"goddamnit i missed you," you tell him as you both sit down on the swings next to each other. 

you two sat there for hours just talking and catching up. it began to rain so you two started sprinting to your house. when you get in you shout, "hey mom guess who i ran into at the park?"

your mom walks over to you and sees maxx, "oh my gosh maxx, i'd hug you but you're soaked, how are you?"

"i'm good mrs. l/n, i'm actually here for college," maxx says to your mom.

"oh that's wonderful good luck honey," your mom says, "would you like to stay for dinner?"

"of course," maxx replies to your mom smiling.

"just like old times," you and maxx say in sync. you both burst out laughing. 

okay this was way better than my last one shot if you could even call it that. requests are still open so go ahead and request :)