twenty one

- jihoon pov -

"I miss you, my best friend, Yoon Seojin," I said, my heart pounding in anticipation to what she'll reply.

"Jihoon, I have to go, let go of me," she begged, trying to pull her arm away from my grip. I couldn't let go.

"Seojin please..."

"Let go of her, she said," Woojin warned me. At his words, I hopelessly let go, and she went off with Woojin and didn't turn back. I stood there like a fool, hoping no one had seen what had just happened. I returned to my senses when someone harshly slapped my face.

"I can't believe you, Park Jihoon, you broke up with me for her? Well, this definitely won't be the end, and I will get you back," Minji huffed, as she brushed past me and angrily stormed off. Now, I was alone with my thoughts, the very thing that was imprisoning me the most.

On the way home, I spotted Seojin and Woojin together at a store. Hiding so they wouldn't notice me, I carefully inspected their interactions. He had something that made her laugh. What could he have said to make her happy like that? And now she playfully hit him. Will I ever get to be with her like that again?

- seojin pov -

I decided to ignore my earlier interaction with Jihoon. Besides, I didn't want to be involved with whatever drama Minji would cause, and I liked where I was right now. With Woojin.

Coming home with the cake and decorations, I was greeted by the savory smell of tomato pasta and vinaigrette salad and rest of the Wanna One members next door, except one. It didn't matter to me, though, I was happy that I could be close with the other members; they were like brothers to me!

"Daniel hyung!! Can you tape this streamer for me?? I can't reach!" Daehwi complained, as Daniel hyung went over to help him hang up the streamers. Woojin and I were blowing balloons and Jisung was dispersing them around the living room. Considering how little money we spent on the decor, the space looked amazing!

"Hey, where's Ong?" Daniel asked, looking around worriedly. None of us knew where he was.

"I'll go find him!" Woojin volunteered, and he headed out to find the lost lover boy.

- woojin pov -

Seongwoo could only possibly be in his room back at the house, and when I went over to check, there he was!

"Hyung, you should come over already. Hyeyoung's coming in like thirty minutes!" I said. Seongwoo hyung looked at me.

"Oh! Right, okay, let's go," he said, quickly grabbing something he had been working on and heading toward the door.

"Hyung, are you nervous? Are you okay?" I asked. Something was off.

"What? What? Yeah! I'm fine, I'm great! Woohoo so excited," he quickly said.

"Haha oh hyung, are you sure?"

He put his hand on my shoulder. "Woojin, I am jeongmal, jinja, wanjun, real, daebak, hol fine," he assured me, and quickly went down the stairs. I followed him confused of his behavior, but we headed over next door for the party.

- hyeyoung pov -

I always spent my birthday with Seojin ever since we had met our second year of middle school. I didn't want to break the tradition, so I rejected all the other birthday offers I got for spending my day today. As I walked up to the house, I felt... weird. Something felt different. I knocked, and then pressed the door handle, but it was already unlocked... huh.

Walking down their doorway, I noticed the house was quiet. Nobody was around... maybe I came in when they went to grab something! Maybe they -

"SURPRISE!"

I almost fainted in shock.

"Happy Birthday, Hyeyoung!" shouted the surprisers. Seojin came up to me and gave me a big hug.

"Happy birthday, my chingoo!! Hehe, we planned this surprise party for you," she said. I tried to hold back my tears of gratefulness as I examined the well decorated room and the happy Wanna One members. And then someone caught my attention. Seongwoo.

He was wearing a stupid party hat and blowing a kazoo. What's more was he was holding something in his hands. A gift. He came forward and gave me the deepest hug in the world.

"You deserve the whole world," he whispered in my ear. "Happy birthday, my beautiful Hyeyoung." He handed me my gift, which I elected to save for later. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and gathered around with the rest of my friends. This was truly a day to remember.

- seojin pov -

Thankfully everything had went according to plan for her surprise. I was so happy that she was happy, and I enjoyed the company of all my friends and eating with them. Nothing beats a good meal with good people, you know? Then, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I yelled, as I jumped out of my seat to get the door.

Once I opened the door, I didn't know how to feel.

"Hi, can I come in? Maybe?" 

-- 

on a sidenote, aren't those wanna one teaser videos so freaking cute???
i kinda like how they're doing the different hobby per member concept because it mirrors well with ioi's debut thing and it unites p101 aw <3 

this is just my opinion, but i really like both songs that they're letting the national pds choose! personally, i would pick energetic (2nd song) because it fits all the concepts that the members are doing so far!! lol jaehwan playing guitar with the edm background omg im ded 

i have this theory that this "letting national pds choose the debut song" is a test. considering the korean population, the majority will most def pick energetic, and it's not like ymc gave us two songs that both really matched with the mv super well. so they make us feel like it's our choice, but actually it's designed for energetic to end up being the debut song 

and sorry to those who think burn it up is better fitting... personally i don't agree, but i still think it's an exciting song that would make a great addition to the debut album!! i respect your choice :-)