twenty four

a/n i apologize for all the mellow and sad songs i promise i'll have more upbeat stuff coming up (for those who actually listen to the song lolol i understand if u don't doe hehe) well just get ready for a sad chapter lmao :'(

- woojin pov -

    At that point, I couldn't take it anymore. The past couple months it took me to become so friendly with Seojin took Jihoon a week. Grabbing my backpack and my food, I immediately stood up and left the table, throwing my food out on the way. I could feel their surprised faces following me with their stares, but I didn't look back. I couldn't look back. I ran wherever my feet took me, which happened to be to the secluded tree in the courtyard, the same tree I had found Seojin crying under because of Jihoon. In my head, I could replay the scene over and over, her in my arms, our eyes locked... it was the first time I had seen someone cry so beautifully. I felt the same feeling of hurt in my heart watching her in her dejected state.

    But this time, it wasn't a dejected feeling I felt from someone else. Instead, it was a rejected feeling I felt within myself.

    I felt... so stupid. Stupid for believing that maybe she could like me too. Stupid for convincing myself that maybe, just maybe, we could be something. Where did we go wrong? Where did I go wrong?

    At that moment, there was a light tap on my shoulder. I quickly got up to see who it was, and in the back of my heart I had hoped it might be Seojin. But of course, I was wrong.

    "Minji... what are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to see that she had come find me. She rolled her eyes, and walked a step closer to me with her arms crossed.

    "No, I came here to ask you, what are YOU doing here?"

    "I just wanted to think and have some time alone or some-"

    "You don't like that Jihoon and Seojin became friends, right?" she dropped the bomb. I was in complete shock.

    "Why should I care?" I tried to cover up the fact that she had guessed correctly, but it didn't work.

    "I really hate that they're friends, too, so we're in the same boat, Woojin. I know how you feel. I know it hurts, I really do," she said sympathetically, taking one more step closer to me. She extended her arm out and put it to mine, rubbing it up and down trying to console me. I wanted to take a step back and get away from her, but for some reason, I stayed.

    "Well, what are you going to do about it?" I asked, confused by what was happening. I never got an answer, rather I received an uneasy feeling. Next thing I knew, her lips were on mine.

- seojin pov -

    Walking out of lunch for the next class, Jihoon and I decided we'd cut through the courtyard since the weather was nice today.

    "The weather is so nice today, isn't it?" Jihoon said, looking around at the sky. I giggled and punched his arm.

    "Ya, Park Jihoon, you know ever since you were little you always commented on the weather, when really you just want me to admire you looking at the weather," I stated, he laughed and looked at the ground in defeat.

    "Darn you, Yoon Seojin. Even years later, you know me too freaking well," he replied.

    "And you thought I didn't remember our friendship!" I exclaimed back. I also decided to look around and admire the nature and the sky, feeling proud of our school's beautiful courtyard. That is, until I saw one unnatural occurrence of nature.

    In a split second, my heart fell to the floor and the universe turned white. Yet another unfamiliar feeling overwhelming me. Jihoon stopped his laughing and looked where I was looking.

    "No way... is that?" he didn't have to finish his statement for me to answer his question. I knew clearly who they are, who THAT is.

    "Woojin...," I softly said, feeling the tickling feeling behind my eyes before shedding tears. I wanted so bad for this to be dream, so terribly bad for this to just be some kind of optical illusion. But it wasn't, and no matter how many times I pinched myself, there was no doubting that that was that, Minji and Woojin... kissing.

    "Seojin, let's just go quickly. Don't look anymore... ," Jihoon tried to comfort me. Even though I couldn't process his words through the chaos in my mind, I weakly followed his tug which pulled me back into the building, away from the scene.
--
sry for the sad chapter i promise it'll get better the next chapters
but guys WOOJIN'S TEASER got me ded literally my ovaries are like h o l y c r e p
i was lowkey hoping he'd pull out his satoori but nope lowkey disappointed :(