Part 8

Two days after the break in we got a call.

"Hello, we have news on the case." The officer stated.

"Really?!" My mom screamed. She put the phone on speaker.

"Yes, but it's not good news."

"What is it?"

The officer paused, "Turns out the suspect had a mental disorder and we can't charge him with anything. The only thing we could do is transfer him to a mental hospital. Which is what we're doing today."

My mom started to tear up "What?!"

"I'm very sorry, I hope that your family will recover from this."

"Thank you, goodbye."

"Goodbye."

And just like that, the call ended.

My mom started to ball into a mess of tears. I hugged her and said "look mom I'm okay. That's all that matters."

She wiped away the tears, "Yeah, I guess your right..."

"I'm always right." I hugged her once more and got my phone. "Anyway. I'm going over to Ambers, I'll be back later or I might stay over. I'll text you."

"Wait! Do you want me to drive you?!"

"Nah I'll be fine! Bye!" I said  closing the door.

"Wait!" I heard my mother scream.

As I walked up the driveway of Ambers house I noticed something through the windows. I opened the door to a empty house. Amber came rushing down the stairs with tears covering her. She hugs me as I say "What's going on?!" I noticed the boxes and boxes in the living room. "W-we're-" she started breaking down "We're moving!" She finally said through tears.

It hit me like a ton of bricks.

She's moving?!

Moving!

"Remember what you guys said if she ever moved?" Her mother said walking down the stairs.

Right.

"If we ever get separated... like if I moved or something...you know I can't date you far away. We would have to break up. I'm not into long distance, your not either. But let's hope it never comes to that!"

My heart was about to break into a million pieces.

"I'm so sorry!"

I was starting to cry "Well," I got on one knee, "Miss Amber, would you let me take you out on one last date before you go?"

She smiled "yes." I wiped away her tears and took her hand.

I trailed up the mountain with her right behind me. "You brung me to our spot?" She asked. "If your going to leave. I might as well bring you to the place where we met."

We sat on the mountain the rest of the day. As it was getting dark I said "I may never leave this place." I pointed at the town. "But I know I'll try to get to you. I love you." I kissed her and got up. "I think it's time we get back." She said "Can I at least walk you home?" I held her hand all the way back to her house, "I hope I can see you again. I love you, and won't stop."

And just like that, she kissed me one last time. Then walked the stairs "love you to." She walked into her house and closed the door.

Of course I'll miss her.

Of course I cried when I got home.

But.

I still love her.