Chapter 4

Hey Guys! I'm baaaaaaaccckkk!! Here's  your update. Hope you like it.😊

Ella's POV 🎤🎧

That next morning, I woke up feeling refreshed with a very soft pillow. I snuggled into it and sniffed. 

It smells so good, like honeydew. And it's so warm. And it's moving. 

Wait, what?

I opened my eyes and stared at Ryder's face. You might think this will be the scene when I admire how good looking he is and all that stuff. But no. That cliche stuff never happens in my life. At all. So do you know what I did?

I pushed him off the bed. Real hard.

He rolled off and landed  on the floor. Flat on his ass. it was so funny, I laughed loudly.

"What the f**k!?" He swore.

I was still laughing hysterically. I laughed until my sides ached. Ryder scowled at me, but my laughter was so contagious that a small smile slipped out on his face too.

When I finally stopped, I realised what was happening.

"What the hell were you doing here?"I asked.

"I saw you ummm... crying last night. Really hard. So I came to check on what was wrong. I put you to sleep. I must've drifted off to sleep next to you." He confessed.

I was still a bit astonished. But to be honest, that was the best sleep I had had in years.

I nodded and finally took in his appearance. His hair was all ruffled and messed over. Which somehow made him look more hot. He was wearing a tight white black T-shirt that emphasised hi muscles. And he just lay on the floor with his signature smirk on. Overall this guy managed to look hot even after sleeping which was a big achievement. Because I looked like a cave woman after waking up.

"Like what you see?" He asked. Somehow, even just after waking up this guy was still annoying, I'll give you that.

I just rolled my eyes in annoyance and got up, while throwing the blanket on the floor. As I stood up and was taking a step, my foot got caught in the blanket and....

I tripped! I fricking tripped. In front of Ryder! Again!

It was Ryder's turn to laugh now, while I just flushed red and scowled. He howled in laughter and I waited for him to finish.

"Are you done?" I groaned.

"How can you manage to be so clumsy?" He asked with a chuckle.

"I'd like to call it a talent. It's not everyday that people trip or do something clumsy. And I do it all the time." I said.

He looked at me and observed me as if I was a something new he had discovered,"You're a keeper, Ella Hart."

I just shrugged in reply and there was silence between us. Well until I heard moms voice.

"Honey?Are you awake?" Her voice was muffled but close. She was climbing the stairs.                    My eyes widened.

"You need to get out of here!" I whispered to Ryder in an urgent voice. 

He nodded and climbed the window sill but I held his arm to stop him.

"What?" He asked.

"Well......ummm........thank you Ryder."

"For what?"

"Ummm....for being there last night."

He nodded in understanding and smiled. Not that smirk of his but a real smile. A smile that made my heart flutter.