Chapter 5

Hey Guys! Sorry for the late update. Just two words. WRITERS BLOCK. Anyways it's the party chapter! Ella's dress is on the top. I hope you like the update.😊

Ella's POV 🎤🎧

My whole day was spent moodily with me reading my books and waiting for the time to get ready for the so-called amazing party I was being forced to attend.

'Ughhhhh! Why did I have to keep my fricking window open? I should have shut it. Now look what mess I have gotten myself in to. ' I thought.

Mom hadn't come today. She had a duty today too. That was really weird though. The hospital had never given a duty on Sunday. Must've changed the rules then. Besides that made going to the party a little easier for me. 

I checked the time. It was five-thirty. I decided to watch reruns of The Walking Dead. I simply loved that TV show. I mean, who doesn't? The person who isn't a fan has no taste.

Just as I was in the middle of the episode, the phone rang. It was Katie.

"Hey, Katie. What happened?"

"Only one sentence. I am outside your house."

"But aren't you-"

She hung up the phone without answering. I sighed and opened the front door. I was met with the sight of Katie who was staggering while holding more than a dozen bags. 

I just stood there with my mouth hung open. "Let me in, you idiot!" She snapped. I let her pass.

She walked to my room and dumped everything on my bed.  She stretched her body.

"God! That was heavy." 

I just stood there staring at her. She threw a dress in my way and that made me come out of my reverie.

"What the hell are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at your aunt's house?"

"Just get ready for the party. I know you're going. Ryder told me to help you get dressed. Everyone knows you have a bad taste in fashion. "

"How did Ryder call you?"

"He didn't I was on my way here with my bags. He just happened to be in my way."

"But what happened?"

She sighed and said,"Nothing much."

"I know you're lying. You bite your lip when you lie."

"Ughhhhh! Fine you win. You know how much I hate my cousin, right?"

I nodded. It was true. Her aunt had two twin children the same age as ours. Derek and Elizabeth. Both were spoilt pain in the asses. I remember coming for a sleepover at Katie's house during third grade. I had just entered the house when they threw a bucket of red paint on me. And let me tell you, it is so hard to wash paint off. Even after scrubbing my body until it hurt I looked like a red tomato. 'A really bad first impression.' I thought. After that I mover encountered them again.

"Well...I had gone to stay for a weekend. Mom thought it would be good for us to bond with family relatives. To be honest, I wanted to kill myself at that time to somehow escape those assholes. I begged mom but she wouldn't listen. Anyways, I reached there and saw them. Believe me Ella when I say, those brats were still the biggest brats in the world. This time there were no pranks. This time there were insults."

I shook my head in disappointment. That must've hurt even more.

"Ella they called me names. Names so painful it hurt. I tolerated it for a day. And that was really something. Until they called me a slut and whore. AT THE DINNER TABLE! And my aunt didn't do anything to stop them. She just gave them a look. That's when I snapped."