Chapter 10

Helloooooooo to my beautiful and amazing readers. God, it's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry for the late update but as you all know, I had my finals and thankfully they went great. I'll try to update as frequently as I can as my summer vacation has started!!!! Yesssssss!!!! Ok guys, here's your update.....

Ella's POV  🎤🎧

My eyes fluttered open and I squinted against the bright light. I felt something heavy on my body. Maybe it was the duvet? And the bed was shaking. Wait, why was the bed moving? 

"Earthquake!" I shrieked, and automatically sat up which caused my head to bump against something.

"Owwwww!" I yelped. I heard a heavy thud and a similar cry of pain. Grabbing the bed as support, Katie hauled herself up and glared at me. 

I glanced at the clock. It was only 7:00 AM!

"What the hell was that?" I complained while cradling my head in my hands.

"I was waking you up, you idiot. But clearly someone was too sleepy dreaming about a certain somebody and wasn't bothering to wake up!"

"What do you mean 'dreaming about a certain somebody'?"

She giggled and exclaimed, " You know what I mean."

"No. I really don't."

"Don't deny it. You were totally dreaming about Ryder."

"No I wasn't!"

"You were calling his name in your sleep."

"I...uh....I wasn't!"

I blushed furiously. Okay, maybe I was dreaming about him.  But it want anything like....that. I was just dreaming about his eyes. It wasn't weird to dream about someone's eye colour, was it? 

Was it?

"Mom called me last night, you know. She ordered me to come home."

"Katie....are you sure you want to go?"

"Hey...I can't stay here forever you know, I have to face life one day or another."

"I'm sorry, hon." 

I gave her a hug and we stood there for a few minutes in a comfortable silence. Then she let go and said:

"So? What happened yesterday? I saw you coming with Ryder last night. Something happened....hmmmm?" She waggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Shut up." I collapsed on to the bed again, thinking about yesterday, which made the corners of my list turn up.

" Oh come on!" 

"You really want to know?" 

"Yes!"

I patted the spot next to me. 

"So after I ran to the girl's bathroom he came after me and......."

****************************

"God, these books are so fricking heavy!" I grumbled. It felt like I was wearing a bag full of bricks instead of books. A hand gripped my arm and stopped me in my tracks.

"Give it to me." 

"It's okay Ryder. I'm fine."

"Nope. Give it to me."

"I'm not some charity case! I don't need you to hold my bag for me. I can do it in my own!"

"Fine. Your choice." He shrugged.