Chapter 9

Hey Guys! It's been so long! I am such a terrible person. I know. And I am so very very very sorry for not updating in a LONG TIME!!! I hope you can forgive me.😊

Ella's POV 🎤 🎧:

I frantically looked for a way out. Where do we go? Where do we go? My eyes landed on a broom closet. There! I pulled hard on Ryder's arm and dragged him into the closet, keeping the doors closed a millimetre so that we don't get shut in.

"Woah, I didn't know you were that desperate." Ryder remarked with his usual smirk on his smack-worthy face. "Shut it. My mom was there you idiot," I said.

I peered through the open crack and saw my mother approaching the broom closet. Oh shit. Oh shit. We are about to die. Oh my gosh. What are we gonna do?

Ryder looked at me with wide eyes. We were totally busted.

I unintentionally grabbed his hand and gripped it tight. I held my breath. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. Suddenly, someone called her name and she walked away from sight. I breathed out in relief. That was a close shave. I turned towards Ryder and he had a look of pain on his face.

"What?"

"Um.... Star? You're holding my hand too tightly."

"Oops." I smiled sheepishly at him and released my steel grip. We finally got out of the closet and left the hospital.

In the car I asked him where we were going. He just half smiled at me and said, "You'll see." Which earned him a groan from me.

We remained quiet during the whole ride. It wasn't like one of those awkward silences rather a comfortable one. When suddenly my phone started blaring.

Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O

And on his farm he had a cow, E-I-E-I-O

With a moo moo there

And a moo moo here-

Ryder snorted and heat rushed to my cheeks. Katie! How did she even manage to do that? I swear I am going to kill her!

I stared at the caller ID. It was Katie. I furiously pressed the green button and started screaming at her.

"KATIE ELIZABETH COLLINS! You have thirty second to tell me why you changed my ringtone to an old preschool rhyme! What if I had been in the library? Or worse? In class?"

"Hey, take a chill pill. I'm sorry, okay? I won't do it again. Anyways where the hell are you? I've searched every nook and cranny of the whole school."

"About that.... I'm kinda not at school right now. I will give you the details later. I promise. And you have spare keys to my car and house, right? So no biggie there. Oh and please take my bag home with you. It's in the girls bathroom stall."

"WHAT THE HELL-"

I hung up on her. She is going to be so mad. I sighed and leaned back in the seat, closing my eyes. 

And the sound of ringing laughter filled the car. And a teeny weeny part of me kind of liked the sound of it.

"Would you stop it?" I said annoyance, lacing my voice.

"I'm sorry it's just-" he burst out laughing again, "Old MacDonald? Amazing!"

And the rest of the ride was spent with his laughter and my deadly scowls.

**************************************

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked for the hundredth time. "My legs are aching." I whined.