An Unexpected Visitor

Everything happened in the blink of an eye. One minute Lyra was standing on the balcony outside her room, and the next she was up on the roof. A hand was wrapped around her waist, the other being clamped over her mouth to stop her from screaming.

"Relax, Lyra." The red-haired woman sighed, releasing her from her hold, watching as she stumbled away from her. "I'm not here to hurt you, or take you away from your precious Alpha King..."

Red lightning sparked in Lyra's hands. "Who are you?!"

"Relax, my little Lyra." She sighed, wrapping her arms around her in the next second, seemingly unaffected by the lightning racing across her skin. "It's OK."

"That doesn't answer my question." She muttered, stiffening in the woman's grip.

"Doesn't it?" A sad smiled twitched at her lips. "The name's Liberty, in case you were wondering."

"Why are you here?!" Lyra questioned, watching as the woman sat down on the peak of the roof.

"Have a seat." Liberty patted the tiles next to her. "It's more comfy sitting on a sloped roof, than standing on it – you're more likely to fall off if you stay on your feet."

Cautiously, Lyra sat, half curious, half wary. "What do you want with me?"

"I..." Liberty mumbled, staring away from her, looking out across the gigantic maze they could see from their vantage point. "I just wanted to meet you... I knew I had to after I saw your picture on the news..."

"You could've just visited me by the normal means." Lyra said, folding her arms. "You didn't have to kidnap me."

"Technically I haven't kidnapped you." She raised a finger. "You're still inside the castle grounds, I've just borrowed you away from your babysitters."

"You're the second intruder, aren't you?"

Liberty looked at her judgingly. "No kidding."

"You aren't working with Omega Taurus...?" Red lightning sparked around her brightly.

"Hun, I'd rip them limb from limb if I found them..." Liberty said, her eyes darkening, fury written across her face. "I can never forgive them for what they've done... but I restrained myself on that imbecile who crept into your room while you were sleeping... after all, if I'd dismembered him, I'm fairly sure at least one of those idiotic Alpha brats would've twigged as to my identity."

"Your identity?" One red eyebrow rose

"I'd have visited you by the normal means if it were possible, but for someone like me..." Liberty gave her a toothy grin. "Let's just say they wouldn't have given me the warmest of welcomes – hence why we're up here."

"Who are you?" Lyra stared intently at her.

"Now, now, Ly." Liberty sighed, prodding her small nose. "Don't go poking that nose in where it doesn't belong."

"Fine." She grumbled. "But at least tell me why you're here."

"You should be able to figure that out..." Liberty said, leaning back, glancing up at the sky. "Hopefully before I leave."

A shout from below cut through the awkward silence that had fallen, making the pair of them stiffen.

"Ah." She grinned. "Looks like the other three are finally noticing their unconscious friend..."

"You didn't kill him?" Lyra blinked.

"Would you have preferred me to...?" Red lightning sparked in Liberty's hand. "I can go back and correct that if you'd like."