Lyra's Fight

Purple arrows seemed to have no effect on the man who had taunted her endlessly over the years. They just bounced off the small shield he carried on his arm, dissipating into thin air. The white arrows in her quiver didn't have the desired effect either, although they did push him back a few metres. They were apparently far more powerful than her arrows of purple lightning.

Lyra tossed her bow to one side, not bothering to watch as it disappeared into thin air. Instead, blades of purple lightning formed in her hands, crackling with an intensity that made the very sky tremble as she jumped down from her horse, slamming her swords down onto the shield.

Nature trembled before her.

The thought made Lyra grin, an odd feeling of confidence flowing through her, even as a sword buried itself in her shoulder.

"You really think you can hurt me with this?" She asked, yanking the metal out of her shoulder, her grin widening as the wound closed up like it had never been there in the first place. "How sad."

"You really think I'd hit you with a normal blade?" Vlad laughed. "It's poisoned, dummy. Nighty night, Little Devil."

Purple eyes widened, her body slumping forwards over his shield, her hands falling limp at her sides.

"One Red Devil... Captured." He smirked, his shield shrinking back into the gauntlet around his wrist.

His smile was soon wiped from his face as a blade pierced through his abdomen.

"You didn't think I'd go down that easily, did you?" Lyra picked the dirt out from under her fingernails as she twirled a lightning blade around in her other hand, watching as he stumbled backwards. "Even Poisons of the Apocalypse can't hurt this body of mine... so a pathetic little sleeping drug isn't going to make me sleepy." She yawned as a pair of white horn grew up and out from the sides of her head, her glistening white crown hooped around one of her pointed new features.

One blonde brow rose.

"What?" She shrugged. "You're boring me."

"Well allow me to entertain you." He said, pulling out a wooden sword.

"You sure you don't want to run back to mummy?"

"You aren't the Lyra I knew." Brown eyes narrowed. "You've changed."

"Hardly." Purple eyes gleamed. "It's only because I'm fully linked with Perry, now, and he's giving me the strength to overcome that overpowering fear I used to have of you."

"Perry?!"

Hair as white as bone fluttered in the wind, purple eyes staring at the brown ones as the man stood in the place Lyra's horse had just occupied. "Technically, my name isn't Perry. It's Pestilence."

"That's what we're both called, technically." Lyra said. "So I thought I'd give you a name to make things less confusing."

"Whatever floats your boat." He grumbled, not looking pleased in the slightest at his new nickname.

"Come on, Perry." Lyra grinned. "Let's beat this guy, so I don't have any regrets when I revert back to being scared lil me..."

"Sure thing." Perry said, folding his arms.

"I always had my suspicions, but thank you for confirming them, First." Vladimir grinned, his eyes alight with an emotion Lyra was far too familiar with. Sadistic joy. The kind he usually got from inflicting pain on others. "I've always wanted to battle one of you."

"Let's get this show on the road." Lyra mumbled, darting forwards, slamming her swords into his shield, forcing him back a few metres.

The wooden sword whipped out from behind the gigantic purple and white shield that had somehow managed to absorb all her lightning.

Lyra danced backwards, dodging every thrust with apparent ease, yawning as she missed his attacks with millimetres to spare. Purple lightning sparked around her body, gathering in a condensed ball in between her bone white horns that lowered themselves towards her opponent. "Die." She hissed, her eyes glowing as she discharged a stream of lightning towards the man.

"Not happening." His shield was up instantly, his feet digging into the ground as he was forced backwards. "Is that the best you've got?!" He roared over the crackling of electricity.

"Of course not." Lyra smiled, her feet leaving the ground as she hovered a good few metres off the ground, her body glowing with an eerily purple light. "I'm the First for a reason, y'know?"

"Lyra..." Rylan whispered, his eyes cracking open slowly, widening when they spotted his mate. He was on his feet in seconds, stepping towards the battle without the slightest bit of hesitation.

A hand clamped down on his shoulder. "This is her fight." Dark blue eyes met his pale ones. "So let her win it by herself. She needs to, if she wants to be free of the shadows of her past." Elder Blythe spoke. "You know what your mate is capable of, so trust in her. You won't always be able to be her shield, Ry... No matter how much you might want to be."

"Like hell I will!" He growled, storming towards the man. "I've got a bone to pick with him."

"This is my fight, Ry." Lyra spun as he reached her, lightning crackling between her fingers as she knocked her mate out. "Look after him." Brown eyes met the dark blue ones.

Blythe nodded. "I will."

"Good." Purple lightning sparked between her horns.

"Finally ready to get serious?"

"So, you can tell I've only been playing with you?" Sharp teeth dropped down over her lower lip, her tongue brushing against her sensitive new fangs.

"Of course."

"Well, I suppose there's no point in dragging this out any longer."

"You really think you can beat me in a matter of minutes...?"

There was a flash of purple light, and then Lyra was behind him, sheathing a slender purple and white sword. "Seconds, actually." She said, closing her eyes as the blonde crumpled to the ground, a small, yet deadly, hole in his chest.

Perry was back in horse form, ready and waiting for her as she climbed on, her bow appearing in her outstretched hand. Two fingers pulled the sting back under her chin, a single purple sparking arrow appearing on the string.

"Goodbye, Vladimir Grigorio." She whispered, releasing the string, closing her eyes.

"Shall I quote you from before...?" Her eyes snapped open, finding the blonde crouching on the horse in front of her. Vladimir grinned, purple eyes meeting her shocked matching ones. "You didn't think I'd go down that easily, did you?"

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Decent fight scenes are actually one of the hardest things for me to write... well, out of all the different types of scene I actually write. I thought one chapter would be too short for a super awesome fight, so I decided to try and stretch it out a bit.

Hopefully in the future, I'll improve... but until then...

Hope to see you next time.

-----