Threats and Promises

"Lyra is the Rogue Queen's daughter..." Thorn mumbled for what must've been the thousandth time. "Your mate-"

"I think I got it the first time." Rylan said, his face an oddly pale shade of white, as they slowly trudged back towards the castle.

"This changes everything."

Rylan folded his arms. "No, it doesn't." He said. "She's still my mate."

"This might explain why Omega Taurus is after her, though."

"No." He sighed. "It doesn't. Lyra was an orphan when they took her. They had no way of knowing who her parents were."

"She could be here spying for her mother."

Rylan scowled. "For crying out loud, Thorn. She had no way of knowing that I was her mate until she touched me. Plus, why the hell would Liberty show up and tell us that Lyra's her daughter if that were the case?"

"Don't get your boxers in a twist, Ry." Thorn shrugged. "I was just thinking out loud."

"Well don't." He said, glaring sideways at the man. "Not when it involves my mate."

"Chill out." The red-eyed Alpha put his hands up.

"You'll understand when you find your own mate." He said, holding open the conservatory door for the guy as they entered the castle.

"It wouldn't bother me." Thorn said, smiling slightly. "I wouldn't mind, even if my mate had committed a crime... In fact, I'd probably-"

"I don't wanna know." Rylan mumbled, staring away, his cheeks tinged red.

"Still, it's kind of fitting in a way..." He said. "The old Alpha Prince and the Rogue Princess ending up as mates."

"I'm the Alpha King now."

"I know." Thorn rolled his eyes, opening the door to Rylan's bedroom, smirking at the way pale blue eyes locked upon the redhead sprawled across the sofa. "Go on." He slapped the guy on the back, propelling him forwards. "Go kiss your princess."

"Happily." Rylan mumbled, striding over to the sofa, ignoring the other five Alphas in the room as he sat down next to Lyra.

"And they're at it again..." Blaze muttered staring up at the two of them as they kissed.

A camera flashed. "Sneaky bedroom kisses..." Blaine mumbled, throwing the camera towards Blaze. "We'll have to create a page for those in the scrapbook."

"What scrapbook?" Blu turned to the two troublemakers.

"We're making them one, so we can show their kids exactly what their parents got up to." Blaze grinned. "They can't deny anything if there's evidence..."

"Holy hell, they're giving us a show..." The brunette said, watching as Lyra straddled her mate. "Yikes, at the rate this is going, we're gonna have to leave the room."

"Shut up, Blaine." Rylan scowled, glaring over at him, moments before he was distracted by a set of lips locking over his own.

"Wait a minute..." Blaze's grin widened. "Oh, Rylan..." He mumbled. "I hope you haven't forgotten the monthly tradition..."

Rylan froze, sitting bolt upright in the next second, silently counting the number of days in his head, cursing under his breath. "You've got to be kidding."

"What's wrong?" Lyra stared curiously at him.

As if on cue, every other single Alpha strode into the room, bringing along futons, pillows and numerous other sleeping supplies with them as they settled in various parts of the room.

"Don't worry, Ry." The red-haired Alpha presented them with a box of popcorn and assorted sweets. "We made you and Ly a box for two... We even mixed in a few strawberry laces, so you have an excuse to kiss each other accidently."

Rylan turned to his mate, horror written across his face. "It's movie night."

***

"Last month's genre was fantasy, so guess what this month's is...?" Blaze grinned, holding up a DVD, smirking at the horrified expression on the Alpha King's face. "You guessed it, Ry-boy."

"Romance." He muttered, weaving his fingers through Lyra's as they sat on the bed. "Oh, and Blaze... Never call me that again."

"Why not?" The blonde tilted his head, staring up at him with a rather innocent expression. "It's cute."

"Blaze." Serious pale blue eyes met the mischievous green ones. "I will use my Alpha Eyes and force you to prance into town in a cute pink dress, with pretty little pink bows in your hair."

"You wouldn't..."

"Try me." Rylan said, an innocent smile spreading across his face. "You'd look cute, after all."

Blaze folded his arms. "Fine but, if you two have any smooches during the film, I'm taking photos."

"With what?" The Alpha King dangled his camera in front of him, holding it just out of his reach, grinning widely.

"Blaine." The blonde looked over at his partner in crime. "The emergency camera."

"Got it." He said, handing him the sleek black camera he'd pulled out of his pocket.

Blaze glanced over at Rylan, tapping his nose. "Always stay two steps ahead, Ry."

"Dammit..." He scowled. "I swear, you are so dead once you find your mate..."

"Sure thing, Ry." Blaze said, pressing the play button on the remote. "Sure thing..."

"It's a promise."

Blonde eyebrows rose, a smirk pulling at his lips as Lyra rested her head against the guy's shoulder. "Sounded more like a threat to me."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Apologies about the shortish chapter.

I promise the next one will be longer.

Hope you enjoyed, and see you next time.

-----