Awkward Imprints

"You have got to be kidding me?!"

"Afraid not." Hunter smiled grimly. "You're going to have to take care of Rylan's mate for a little while."

"Rylan..." Blaze whispered. "Oh hell no!" He muttered, his green eyes wide as he hefted Lyra onto his back. "Rylan is seriously going to kill me now..."

"Yep." The smiling brunette said. "He totally is, but don't worry. I'll heal any injuries he causes."

"Thanks." He said. "I think."

"No problem." Hunter smirked, clapping him on the back, having spied a certain black-haired Alpha King striding towards the three of them. "Good luck."

"Something tells me I'll need it."

"I take it Hunter has just healed the pair of you..." Rylan grinned.

"Just me." Blaze mumbled, watching as Rylan's eyes narrowed on the way Lyra was holding onto the blonde for dear life.

"Is my mate OK?"

"Yeah..." Blaze shifted awkwardly on his feet, staring at the ground. "She just kinda... imprinted on me because she overused her ability..."

Rylan blinked.

"Well..." Blaze sidestepped, speaking quickly. "I really ought to be getting to dinner. Don't want it getting cold now, do we...?"

Rylan's arm snapped out, stopping him in his tracks as he tried to walk past. "What did you just say?"

"Lyra imprinted on me, and I really ought to be getting to dinner."

"Why didn't you come and get me?" He glared at the blonde, who quickly started sprinting. "BLAZE!" Rylan grabbed the nearest object, which happened to be a rock, throwing it after the running man as he realised whose bed Lyra would end up sleeping in tonight. His aim was true, and the rock would've slammed into Blaze's head if Lyra's hadn't been in the way. "Shoot." Rylan mumbled, sprinting over as Lyra started bawling.

Tears leaked down her face, snot trickling down from her nose as Blaze pulled out a tissue, trying, and failing, to comfort the crying girl.

"I'm sorry, Ly-bear." Rylan whispered, reaching out for her, freezing when she buried her face in Blaze's shoulder.

"Goddess... Please have mercy on me..." Blaze murmured, flinching at the death glare Rylan gave him.

"Now, now." Hunter came between the two of them. "Let's be civil about this." He said, staying in between the pair as they trudged back inside the castle, heading towards the dining room.

"I'll go and grab her some warm milk." Rylan spoke softly, glancing longingly at the sobbing redhead in Blaze's arms. "It calmed her down last time..."

"Do I need to get a highchair out?" Blaze asked.

Rylan kicked his shin.

"I'll take that as a no."

"She wouldn't fit in a highchair, idiot." Pale blue eyes rolled. "But you probably will need to help her get the spoon to her lips and all that jazz."

"I watched you do it last time." Blaze sighed. "I know what to do."

"I did it in my room last time." Arms folded.

"I do have binoculars, you know."

Rylan turned his glare on him again.

"OK..." Blaze scurried into the dining room, flinching under the curious stares of the other Alphas as he carried the Luna Queen to the table.

"Where's Rylan...?" A familiar red-eyed blonde asked. "Shouldn't he be the one carrying Lyra to the table?"