The Alpha and The Rogue

Rylan woke with a start, his eyes widening. "Lyra..." He whispered, blinking when he realised what he'd been using for a pillow.

"Smile for the camera." Blaze stood over them, taking numerous photos of him as he pulled his face out of Lyra's chest.

"BLAZE!" Rylan shot out of bed, scowling as the nimble blonde leapt out of reach.

"What's all the fuss about...?" A voice groaned from the floor. "Guys it's way too early to be doing-" The other blonde was cut off midsentence as Blaze used his stomach as a springboard.

"Blaine!" Blaze threw the camera at him. "Run!"

"Why're you giving it to me?!" The brunette asked, moments before he was tackled to the ground, the camera being pried out of his hands by an enraged Alpha King.

"Confiscated." Rylan muttered, quickly locking the item away in his bedside drawer.

"Awww..." Blaze pouted, walking towards said draw. "Ry, Ry... You're no fun."

"Oh, be quiet." He scowled, flopping back on his bed, pulling a very red-faced Lyra into his chest.

"That was one heck of a picture, though." The blonde continued, ignoring the warning, and he would've kept talking too, if Lyra's red sparking hand hadn't pinched his side. Green eyes rolled back into his head, his entire body crumpling to the ground.

"Sweet." Lyra mumbled, staring at the single red spark crackling between finger and thumb. "I got it first time..."

"Have I ever told you that you're amazing...?" Rylan said, glancing down at the unconscious blonde.

"You just did." She grinned, wrapping her arms around him.

"I've got to go and make breakfast for all these idiots, and you, of course..." He sighed, detaching her arms from him as he crawled out from underneath the sheets, having heard her stomach growling. "I'll be back soon, Ly-bear."

With that he walked out of the room, hurrying downstairs in his pyjamas, grabbing out all the ingredients needed to make buttermilk pancakes – his speciality.

"You remember, don't you?" Thorn's voice broke the silence.

"What gave it away?" Rylan asked, continuing to mix the batter he'd hastily made.

"You gave me an odd look right after you woke up." The red-eyed blonde shrugged. "So I'm guessing you've remember about me and Lyra."

"You've known all this time, haven't you?"

Thorn handed him a frying pan. "I had a hunch."

"That's why you were so keen to catch the Red Devil..." He said, glancing over at the guy who only smiled faintly. "I always thought you were a bit obsessed about her..."

"I prefer the term concerned." The blonde Alpha said, getting out the plates and cutlery. "I owe her a lot... especially after what she did for me the day we met you..."

"Are you going to tell her about any of this?" Rylan questioned, looking over at him intently. "She doesn't seem to remember much before Omega Taurus took her, so she's probably forgotten all about you."

Thorn shrugged yet again. "It's up to her." He said. "If she looks at me, and tells me that I seem familiar, then I'll tell her, if not... Well... I haven't really decided." He ran a hand through his golden locks. "I'd rather try to build another relationship – of the platonic sort, of course," he clarified at the sight of the raised eyebrow Rylan gave him, "otherwise it might make her feel a bit guilty... I mean, we were close. Very close."

Rylan folded his arms. "Oh, really?"

"Not funny Ry." He gave the Alpha King a withering glare. "You know she was more like a little sister to me."

"I know." He sighed, after a few minutes of listening to the sound of frying pancakes. "If only I hadn't worn gloves that day..." His shoulders sunk. "I could've saved her from Omega Taurus..."

"And if you hadn't shipped me off to Blagmoor Castle that day, then I would've been able to protect her." Thorn said, watching as Rylan piled up the pancakes on the stack of plates. "But what can we do about it now?"

"Nothing." He said, grabbing a bottle of golden syrup and a few sets of cutlery, before making his way upstairs alongside the red-eyed blonde.

Breakfast was an oddly silent affair in Rylan's room, though Lyra had guessed it had something to do with how late everyone had stayed up last night. Not to mention, it seemed like most of the Alphas weren't morning people – excluding Blaze, of course. The annoying blonde was far too full of energy, despite having been knocked out by Lyra earlier.

"Soooooo..." Glinting green eyes met Lyra's brown ones once Rylan had disappeared out of the room, taking all the dirty plates with him. "Whatcha planning on doing today...? Because I've got some very good ideas."

"Blaze." Blu scowled, running a hand through his blue hair. "Just let her and Rylan do their own thing for one day, at least..."

"Don't worry, Blu." Lyra smiled, an evil glint in her eye as she wrapped one arm around the blonde's throat. "What I've got planned for today involves Blaze."

"A threesome?"

Lyra's grip tightened around his throat. "I'm going to be trying out some new moves on you."

One blonde brow quirked. "Moves...?"

Her grip tightened. "Of the fighting kind, so get your head out of the gutter and prepare yourself for pain."

"Pain?" Blaze tilted his head. "The kind that happens in the bedroom?" The other brow rose to join the first. "I didn't know you were into that kind of thing, Ly..."

Her hands twitched. "Blaze..."

And that was why, when Rylan walked back into the room a few moments later, Hunter was busy trying to resuscitate their least favourite blonde.

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Ah, Blaze...

He's probably the complete opposite of me in many regards, which is why it's been a bit hard to write him, but I hope everyone cherishes him as much as I do.

You might have to wait a little while for his book, though, because it's one of the later few I'm planning on doing.

This chapter is shorter than I'd have liked, but I feel like the ending was probably the best I could come up with right now...

So, until next time, I suppose...

-----