The Angel of Blagmoor

"The Angel of Blagmoor..." Frost laughed. "It really is a fitting name..."

"I'm not an angel, though." Thorn said, his hands sparking with white lightning.

"No." He muttered, his blue eyes narrowing on Thorn's glowing red ones. "You're a Demigod... The son of the Moon Goddess, Lunaria... Her angel servants pale in comparison to you... So calling you an angel is probably rather insulting."

The air around the pair of them crackled with power, the intensity making Lyra whimper. They were on a completely different level to her. The Ice Stitches in her body proved that much. That was why all she could do was lie on her side, tears rolling down her face as she realised she was playing a role she'd swore she'd never play: the damsel in distress.

"Don't cry, Ly." Thorn scowled, blocking blows left, right and centre, his whole body crackling with white lightning – protecting him from the Ice Stitches Frost was trying to implant in his body with every blow. "Watch. Learn... That's the only way you'll improve."

"He's right, you know." Frost said. "There was a time that the Upper Echelon were debating whether or not to put a leash on you, simply because your power was growing at a ridiculous rate... If you had stayed with us, you'd have probably been put under my care – even if it was just to ensure you never went out of control..."

"It's called a lead, not a leash, Southern Boy." Thorn muttered, slamming one crackling fist into the guy's stomach.

"Well, where I'm from we call it that, Northern Boy!" He spat, skidding backwards, icing up the top of the train carriage in an instant, icy skates forming on the bottom of his white boots as he glided towards Thorn.

Wings flapped, pulling the Alpha up into the air. "You'll have to do better than that."

"Oh, I'm just getting started." Ice formed around his feet, pushing him up into the sky on a pillar of ice.

"You'll lose manoeuvrability like that." Thorn said, falling towards him, his foot outstretched, his eyes widening when ice spread outwards, forming an odd sort of icy platform a good few metres above the train carriage.

Ice shattered into shards as Thorn's foot ploughed into the thick platform, falling to the ground below in sharp chunks, just as a hand caught one of his wings – ice spreading across it, freezing feathers in the icy wake, making Thorn hiss.

Red eyes widened as he fell towards the train carriage, having spotted Lyra being assaulted by a rain of icy chunks. He was at her side in an instant, his large feathery white wings protecting her from the icy shards, not caring as sharp bits of ice cut into his skin.

A foot met his back, shoving him over the edge of the train carriage. A loud thud met Lyra's ears, her eyes widening as she heard the crunch of bone. Frost sniggered, laughing wildly as he attached the hooks which had descended from the helicopter that was now hovering above them – bathing them in light, as Frost secured the hooks in place.

"We're going home, Lyra." Frost grinned, hefting her up under one arm, his feet disappearing inside the carriage as they sunk into the seated compartment which was currently being lifted up off the tracks and into the sky.

"Thorn..." She whispered, sobbing silently as she was strewn across the seats of the empty carriage that had clearly been prepared for this. "Rylan..." She closed her eyes, preparing herself for what was to come, while inside she screamed for her mate. "Help me."

***

Empty sheets.

That was the first thing Rylan noticed as he woke in the early morning light. "Lyra?" He sat up, his eyes scanning the rest of the beds. "Lyra?!"

"What's all the fuss about?" Blaze sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"What's going on?" Blu sat up on the other bed, brushing his blue hair out of his eyes. "Are we nearly there?"

Blaze checked his watch as they all climbed out of bed. "Yeah. We should be arriving in under an hour... I'm surprised Blaine didn't wake us up."

"Lyra's gone." Rylan grumbled, striding up the stairs.

"Maybe she went to the toilet?" Blu said, his eyes narrowing on Blaine's sleeping figure.

"The sheets are stone cold." Rylan said, his gaze narrow as he yanked the brunette up to his feet. "Oy! Sleepyhead!" He shook the guy back and forth. "Wake up!"

"Blaine." Blaze patted him on the face once Rylan had set him back down on the sofa.

"What...?" Purple eyes opened slowly. "What happened...?"

"Where's Lyra?!" Rylan was in front of him, hands gripping his shoulders as he swayed dangerously.

"She left to go to the toilet with Thorn."

"When?!"

"It's the middle of the night, Ry." Blaine sighed. "Thorn's supposed to be on watch by now – I'm shattered."

"Blaine." Blaze spoke cautiously. "It's morning."

Silence fell for a few moments, each of the four of them processing what had just been said.

"They took her." Rylan blinked. "They've got her." He was sprinting out of their carriage in an instant, hurrying through the rest of the train, Blu following close on his heels as they searched the train from top to bottom, the pair of them freezing when they reached the back of the train.

"She's not here." Blu sighed. "But neither is Thorn... That's a good sign, right?"

Rylan remained silent, staring off into the distance.

"Rylan." A hand rested on his shoulder. "Come on. We need to go back to the others."

"We need to find her!" He snapped. "I promised I'd protect her."

"Rylan." Blu closed his eyes as they pulled into Stonewall Station, his hand brushing against the bare skin on Rylan's neck – sending the Alpha King into a deep sleep. "All we can do is trust in Thorn, Ry." He sighed, slinging the unconscious man over his shoulder as he went to help the others gather their luggage. "He'll bring her back to us. No matter what."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

There seems to be a difference between the word count for each chapter between word and wattpad... I've got no clue why, but while I'm hitting my target of 1000 words in word, I always seem to fall a bit short in wattpad.

Oh well.

I hope this chapter was long enough.

See you next time.

-----