CH. 10

While she was stirring the meat and vegetables in the pan, he wrapped his hands around her waist from behind.

She flinched again at his action and was about to take a step away but then froze when his chin rested on her shoulder.

Her heart beats against her chest when he tightens the hug and then softly whispered.

JUNGKOOK: "I'm sorry."

His words cut deep into her soul but he wouldn't know why it hurt her so much to hear those words from him.

She tried to focus back on stirring the foods.

TAERAN: "You haven't done anything wrong, why are you saying sorry for?"

He closed his eyes as he inhaled in her scent and snuggled her tighter against him.

JUNGKOOK: "For not... protecting you."

She shuts her eyes, trying to hold back her tears.

TAERAN: "If you are really sorry... can you please step out? I want some time alone."

His eyes opened at her words and his arms that were around her, slowly loosen the hug.

[MIN'S INC.]

Entering into the empty office of Yoongi, Hyebin strolled over to his desk and placed a note that she had written right on top of the papers that was on his desk.

Making sure it'll be the first thing that he'll see when he sat down.

She turned back but during the turning, something caught her attention.

Over on the other side of his desk, one of the drawer were open and there's a picture frame lying upside down in it.

She stepped around his desk to the open drawer and grabbed the picture frame.

She turned the picture frame around and it's a portrait of a father, a mother and a son.

Just at one glance, she knew right away that the boy in the portrait was Yoongi.

He is such a small little bean.

Her gaze shifted back to his father and mother.

She heard that they had passed away when he was still very young.

He must have a very tough childhood then. Losing both, his father and his mother at the same time.

She could never imagine how life will be, if she loses her father and mother.

Though she knows it something personal, she still wanted to know what causes his parent to pass away.

[** Church]

After lunch Jungkook volunteer to do all the dishes, since Taeran had already prepared the food. It's been over an hour already and Taeran came to the kitchen to check on him.

As she stepped in, she paused at the door way when Jungkook came into her view.

He was sitting on a chair and resting his head on his right arm as if it was a pillow.

He was sleeping silently, like a tired baby.

She stepped quietly over and sat down on the chair next to him.

Using her arm as a pillow as well, she lay her head down to be face to face with him.

She stared at his innocent face and it just hurt her to see him like this.