I'm Not Gay...I'm a Mossolini

"Move!" I shouted at the skinny little blonde boy who stood in front of me. His eyes widened and he shot over to the other side of the hall so me and my boys could pass by. Smart kid that he was, he knew not to stay in Vincent Mussolini's way for longer than a second. No one- I repeat- fucking no one, gets in my way or my family's way. We are the Mussolini family. The next generation of the most powerful gang in the city of Chicago ever since Al Capone.

"Maybe you should be nicer to people Vin," Sammy said from beside me. My head snapped back with a dare in my eyes. I am the leader of this group and Sammy is my second in command. We worked like wolves in a pack. There was an alpha, a beta, and then there were followers. Raphael, Marcelo, and Georgie are the followers but still an important part of our group. My job is to keep these boys in check and make sure no one fucks with us.

We walked in a block watching boys squirm and girls fawn. No one interested me at this school because I had no fucking time for that bullshit. My dad is always making me worry about the family business instead of what a normal eighteen year old boy should be worrying about. While other boys worry about where they are going to stick there dicks next, the Mussolini boys are learning how to cock guns, transfer drugs, and learn how to break into a safe. 'Great parenting skills' are our father's middle names, I swear.

No one understands why we are the way we are— mean, unpleasant, and bossy, but If they had to live with our parents they would be exactly like us.

Pops and his boys are just as tight as we are and all assholes with no parenting skills. My generation had grown up together with the same problems and the same feelings. No one cares about a mafia man's kids so we care about each other instead of letting others in. That's how we thrive. That's how we live. That is how we work.

We continued to walk until we got to the lunch room where everyone immediately stiffened as they heard our thick boots slapping against the tile floors. We walked over to our table, stealing food from whoever dared to get close to us. Honestly, none of us really cared what we did here, the principle was in my father's back pocket. Everyone that wasn't in the mafia was laughable, always bending to our power.

I laughed at the though until my eyes landed to our usual table seeing a kid sitting there. "Ralph?" I said loud enough for the whole cafeteria to hear. Immediately the room was dead silent.

"Sup, Vin?" he answered looking at the dude sitting at our table.

I slammed my hands on the table, making the guy that had been snoozing at our table jump up. "Why the fuck is there some sorry ass excuse of a boy at my damn table?" I expected the guy to scurry off and whimper like the rest of the school but he didn't. He just stared up at us with disbelief on his face before raising one of his perfect eyebrows almost as if he was mocking us.

"Not sure, Vinnie. Maybe we should teach him a lesson." Ralph stepped up beside me as did Sammy. The boy didn't even seem to care that we were ganging up around him. He laughed and then gave a short whistle immediately a group of boys stood behind him and everyone in the room gasped when the boy smirked at me.

"What the fuck do you want, buddy?" he said in the same Italian accent me and my family had. I narrowed my eyes at the bold boy— honest to god wanting to know who the fuck this guy was and why the boys behind him looked ready to fight for him. I had never seen him around before and took time to take in every feature before I smashed them in. He had big, catlike green eyes with honey brown hair. His face was what most people would call handsome. He was obviously Italian not just because of his accent but his straight nose and tan skin have him away quickly.

"These assholes messin' with you Gio?" one of his goons asked tearing me away from my little stares battle with the kid who was ballsy enough to not just sit at my table but also threaten me with his little band of wimps.