Way Too Many "Too Close"s

As I stared straight ahead in my second period, looking but not really seeing, Gio’s face popped up. I can’t explain why it did but it had. His cat like green eyes that glowed when he was smiling or in his case smirking because that is all the cocky boy ever freaking did. The way his honey brown hair swept across his forehead barley touching the surface of his dark, flawlessly sculpted eyebrow. His straight nose that lead down to two plump lips that could rival any girl’s and day. I wonder how they would feel pressed against miii- What the hell am I thinking!?

I jerked up out of my seat and stared down at it as if it were the reason for my corrupted thoughts. “Mr. Mussolini, do you have a problem?” my teacher Mr. something said.

I have a problem, I thought. One about five ten, beautiful green eyes, and a body that could rival my own. I grabbed the sides of my head and closed my eyes so tight my head began to throb. Why couldn’t he just leave my head alone!? This place, my brain, has always been the only place that I could escape to and now he takes it up like a six thousand pound woman in an elevator.

“Mr. Mussolini?” the teacher said with more aggravation in his voice.

“Vin, what’s wrong?” Sammy hissed from beside me. My eyes diverted from him and went straight to the door. I needed and escape and I needed one fucking now. Not only from this room but from Gio. How could a boy I hate so much make me feel like- whatever the hell I was feeling was called.

I cleared my throat suddenly. I met the eyes of my teacher and found him glaring until my honey brown eyes met his. He straightened his back but I could practically smell the fear on him. “I need to go to the nurse.”

“S-sure,” he stuttered. Everyone in this school knew who my dad was.

They feared me.

Even the damn teachers.

I yanked the pink slip out of his hand and walked out of the room so fast I almost fell out of the door. Everything swam in my head so I leaned against the door and waited.

What is happening to me? I begged my own brain for the answer to this question. Three days. Three days and a few hours I have known Giovanni Catalino and he has become the number one priority in my world. Taking him out was on my to-do list but after Monday on that –should I dare to call it- date, I have been feeling really weird. The very sight of him has me on my toes and ready to give him a good tongue lashing or maybe even a good stare down.

“Fuck!” I cursed. I had to get away from this place. Away from the people. Away from the stares. Away from him.

I turned on my heel and started my beeline for the door. The sound of my thick souled boots hitting the cracked tile was the only sound until I passed the bathroom. I heard his voice and my steps came to a screeching halt. I could practically hear the screeching. 

“….a face that makes me want to….he gets…but I can’t help the way I feel.”

Those few word were the only things I could catch as I slowly walked closer to the bathroom. I knew that voice as only Gio’s. My heart sped as I tried to figure out what the missing words were. Annnnnd then the last thing hit me.

The way I make him feel?

“Gio, this is crazy,” Angelo, his second in command, hissed. Just yesterday I had found his name out when I came around the corner of my first period and heard Sammy telling him to step off. I knew both groups of boys despised each other, but this sounded like it meant something entirely. Sammy sounded almost…frantic.

“Angel, I can’t do this to him,” Gio said.

Okaaaaaay. Do what?

“He needs to be shown that we are his equals and not his stepping stones,” Angel countered. The sound of conversed feet pacing back and forth began. “I thought you hated him too.”