➳ 27

"I brought pizza."

          The corners of Jack's lip twitched upwards with a small smile, his gaze fixated on Brody's tired eyes. "What kind of pizza?"

         "Pineapple. Just, it's basically just an entire pineapple on bread. It's not even a pizza at this point." 

         Jack shuddered. "If that's true, I'm going to close this door on your face," he said, gripping the door handle to make a point.

         "It's a Meat Feast, you idiot," Brody chuckled, then lifted the plastic bag that was in his other hand. "I also brought Pepsi and snacks, because I'm such a loving boyfriend." He snorted, then stepped into the apartment as Jack moved away from the door.

         This, Jack was used to. He and Brody weren't strangers to arguments, to days (sometimes weeks) spent in silence, without so much as a text to one another. But, eventually, once the initial anger and stubbornness wore off, one of them would head off to buy pizza and turn up at the other's door, and then all would be forgotten. It had worked this way since they were teenagers, both pimple-faced and sporting seriously dorky haircuts. 

         They were best friends, after all, and only human. They were bound to argue sometimes. But, no matter what, they always had each other's backs.

---