Chapter 4

Hopefully this is longer. Let me know what you think!

~

Matt tasted so good. That sounds weird but it's so true.

He tasted like... like... cherries. Yes! Cherries! He tasted like cherries. I loved cherries.

This should be our mate. Not some scumbag that tastes like cherries. We can't settle for a lesser wolf we need an alpha to satisfy us. My wolf growled at me.

Shut up. I never said you had to like this or Matt. I haven't found my mate and he will have to do... for now. And a reason we haven't found our mate is because of you. You could be calling for him you know. I growled right back at her.

God she got so annoying sometimes. She did have a point, I did like Matt but he would never be able to satisfy my wolf. Since he is only third in command he would never be dominate. My wolf would hold all of the power.

Matt and I broke apart trying to catch our breath.

"Wow. Brie... you're..." Matt started to say breathlessly.

"Amazing? Wonderful?..." I trailed off standing up and walking over to Matt's closet. I touched my swollen lips, liking the feeling of them being that way. I felt kind of loved for the first time in a while.

"All of the above. You are something else Brie."

"I know," I smirked, "do you have something I can wear?"

"Yeah we have a closet in the hall with extra clothes in it." He made no move to get up. He just sat back and close his eyes. Reclining back on his bed he made himself completely comfortable.

"Um you want to get some clothes for me? Unless you want me to walk out there like this because I'm completely cool with it. Just walkin' out in my skin sweater." I said gesturing to me current nude state while slowing backing up towards the door.

Matt growled like a crazed animal. He jumped up and held his face close to mine. Very close to mine. So close I thought he was going to kiss me again. I felt his hot breath face out a across my face.

"You're mine Brie. I know you aren't my mate but I don't care. No one can touch you but ME." Awe how cute. He thinks he has power over me. I'll let it slide this time, I've grown quite accustomed to this pup.

"Okay okay macho man. No need to go nuts. I want to be yours," I seductively trailed a finger down his chest and slipped out of his arms, "now go get me clothes."

I know I was being pushy but I shoved him out into the hall and shut the door anyways. On the other side I heard him chuckle.

I laid back down on Matt's bed and closed my eyes. Flashes of my past came rushing at me like crazy. They were going so fast I couldn't latch onto one for more than a few seconds. I couldn't take all these things at once. I've never had flashes of my past this hard.

For so long I've forgotten about them and now they are all trying to get to me. No. No. No this can't be happening. I never wanted this to happen. I never wanted any of this. I can't go through this again. I have to get out. I have to get away.

I sat back up screaming and panting hard.

Matt came running back into the room looking around to see of there's a threat. When its clear there isn't he comes over to the bed kneeling in front of it and discarding the clothes he had gotten from the hall onto the floor.

"Brie. What's wrong?" Worry etched into his voice.

It's so sweet how he already cares about me, it hasn't even been a full day that he's known me. But I can't think about this now. I have to find a way out.

"I-"

"Brie?" Matt sounded so concerned.

"I have to go." I whispered so quietly that I thought he almost didn't hear me. Though werewolf hearing proved me wrong.

"Go? What do you mean go? Go where?"

"I have to leave here, I have to keep running."

"You can't leave Brie. You can't leave me. I won't let you. And a long as you're here I'll make sure nothing hurts you." Matt looked so sincere and honest.

"Mat-"

"I promise."

"Okay. I'll stay... for now."

Matt was so happy when I said this that he picked me up, spun me around and kissed me; just like in those old romantic movies.

"DINNER" A large booming voice rang through the large house.

I grabbed the clothes that were previously discarded on the floor from my previous panic attack and quickly threw them on. A big shirt and basketball shorts. Great. I'm going to need to find some actual clothes that fit me if I end up staying.

"Come on Matt. I'm starving. Please?" I practically begged him.

I made sure to give him a look that said I'd do anything to go get food, cause hey a girls gotta eat.

I didn't want to talk about my past and I hoped he didn't ask about what happened earlier again. My past was my past and I wanted to leave it that way. I didn't feel like sharing its darkness with anyone.

Matt sighed, "Alright. Lets go."

His eyes shown with happiness and with that he grabbed my hand and led me through the maze of hallways in the gigantic Pack House only to end up back downstairs and into a room full of pack members. All of them. Every single stinking on of the was staring at me.

Well shit.