Chapter 7

Picture of Brie on the side or at the top or wherever the heck it is!

"After all these years, I've finally found you." My mate looked at me with such admiration that it caused a pull in my heart.

"No." I repeated again.

I needed to get away again. I couldn't stay here. I refused to stay here. I quickly stood as I could on a tree branch and balanced myself.
I started walking across the branch towards the end.

"Sweetheart? What are you doing?" My mate asked sounding very concerned.

I kept my focus on my balance.
As the branch started bending I prepared myself and I leapt. My mate gasped, I could hear his heart start to race. I brought my arms out I front of me to catch the next branch. I landed perfectly.

Wow. That worked better than I thought.

I started running from branch to branch trying to get away when I heard my mate yell, "CLAYTON! Don't let her get away!"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I couldn't stay and I knew I had to find a way to get away fast. I had leaping from branch to branch hoping that I didn't fall to the ground, to my mate.
I was coming close to the edge of the forest and I knew that I had to make my getaway. Taking the leap of faith I jumped to the ground and shifted into my white wolf. I heard my mate gasp again for what I had done I didn't stop running.

"Please." I heard him whisper.

That one word in the emotion behind it made me stutter and that stutter cost me my speed. And in that loss of speed I was tackled to the ground for the second time since being on this territory.

"Alpha Julian. I got her." Clayton called victoriously while keeping me pinned to the ground.

I began to thrash around on the ground trying to get out from underneath him.
"No," I yelled, "no this can't happen. you have to let me go."

"Let you go? Why would I do that?" My mate growled as he stalked towards me.

"I can't be here. Please! I have to keep running!" I yelled with desperation in my voice. I hated acting weak but I couldn't help it.

"Why do you insist on leaving me? I just found you." My mate questioned.

"I can't. I'm sorry." I whispered closing my eyes.

"Clayton. Let her go." Julian immediately steps to where Clayton had me pinned on the ground and picks me up bridal style.

"We are going back to the pack house, tell the pack that we have our Alpha Female." My mate commanded Clayton, I shivered at the authority in his voice.

I didn't move at all in Julian's arms, I just kinda went limp. My mind wandered and so did my wolfs because we were finally in our mates arms.

I hated myself.

Weak.

Submissive.

Those two words rang in my ears, and I hated it.