│It's A Promise│*

"Promises are only as strong as the person who gives them ..." 

It's A Promise

~Ash~

"Ash!" a voice yells awaking me from my amazing dream in which I was meeting the cookie monster.

"What?" I say groggily, rubbing my eyes.

"Why the hell would you post that video?" Austin asks fuming.

"Because I felt like it, and you kept me up all night with your snoring" I say scowling at him.

"Oh you're gonna get it" he says and I bolt out of the door. I run bare foot and hide behind Jeremy.

"Jeremy, don't move" I say and hold him in front of me.

"You're such an asshole" Austin says looking at his phone and I smile.

"I just wanted the girls out there to know that your snoring could scare away the monsters from beneath their beds" I say and hear Jeremy chuckle.

"Shit, there's 1000 likes" he says.

"Wow, so like 99% of the school saw it then" I say shrugging and Austin glares.

"Run" he says in a low voice and I didn't have to be told twice as I dash behind the cabins. I look through the back window to see Austin grabbing my guitar. I run out in front of him.

"What are you doing with my guitar?" I ask blocking his way. He steps to the side and runs towards the lake.

"Hey-" I stop myself as I watch him toss my guitar into the lake.

He just threw my favourite guitar, my baby, into the fucking lake.

"Dude you shouldn't have done that" Adam says as he and Amber slowly walk towards me.

"Its ruined" I whisper shocked.

That was the last thing I had of him. The last thing I had of Michael. It was Michael's guitar, the same guitar he played for me when I needed peace and quiet.

"Ash, are you okay?" Amber asks quietly.

I just stare at the lake.

"Ash?" Adam says.

I walk up to Austin and twist his arm behind his back.

"Why would you do that to my guitar?" I ask whispering.

"You ruined my rep by posting that video" he says.

"Oh yea, how could I forget, your badboy rep is now ruined. So what difference does it fucking make if you just dumped my guitar in the lake right?" I snap bitterly.

"What the hell Ash. It was just a guitar" he says.

"Right" I say pushing him into the lake.

I walk back into the cabin and start to pack my things into my bag, and Amber walks in and sits on my bed.

"Ash, why are you so upset?" she asks.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Of course" she says smiling.

"That guitar was important to me, it had a lot memories attached to it, and I just didn't imagine it getting ruined like that" I admit.

"I can talk to Austin if you want" Amber suggests.

"No Amber, you don't need to, anyway, did you need anything?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you could you know drive home with Austin since Jeremy's coming with us and Trey left early" she says.