│Caring│*

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all

of which have the potential to turn a life around." 

Caring

~Ash~

"Ash" Austin says as i stumble onto the ground. I lay on my back staring up at the ceiling as I clutch my head. I see black spots and my breathing hastens. And then it stops. None of us say a word as i lay there trying to calm down. I pick up my phone and see that it was still able to make calls.  I dial the number for the L.A.P.D.

"Hello, Los Angeles PD, what is your issue or concern?" a male voice asks.

"I'd like to file a missing person's report" I say clearly.

"Name?" he asks.

"Mila Martinez, age twenty four" I state.

"And appearance?" he asks.

"She is about 5'7'', light brown hair with blonde streaks, olive skin and hazel eyes" I say.

"And how long has this woman been missing?"

"An hour" I say.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait twenty four hours before we can file this report'' he states and I fume.

"A fugitive who has escaped from federal prison, who goes by the name of Dominic Alvarez, kidnapped Mila. She is the mother of a seven year old girl who needs her mother. This man can potentially kill her in those twenty four hours, if you do not send a team out for her now, I will have you fired!" I yell.

"O-of course mam, I'll inform the chief. We'll keep you updated" the man rushes.

Yo better, or you bet all of the hair on your head, that I'll be out there hunting him down myself. And I'll let you know, if something happens to Mila, I'll hang you upside down from my ceiling fan until your head turns red from the blood rushing to it" I snap and hang up.

"Ash, calm down, they're going to look for her" Austin says putting a hand on my shoulder.

What am I going to tell Maria?" I say sadly.

"We'll tell her that her mom's on a trip" he says and I nod.

"This is all my fault" I mutter to myself.

"No its not" Austin says.

"I've made many mistakes and now I should be paying for them not Mila" I say angrily.

"Being angry won't help anyone in this situation" Austin says.

"You're right" I say quietly.

"Does someone want a hug?" Austin says childishly and I roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around his waist in a friendly hug.

Friends hug really tightly right?

Of course they do.

"Thanks Austin" I say cracking a small smile.

"Hey that's alright, that's what friends are for" he says smiling and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

This is not good, I'm feeling butterflies, I blush when he looks at me, this is getting more serious. Control your feelings Ash, control your feelings, I tell myself.

As I turn a corner to go to my locker, I lock eyes with Amber. I turn around to leave when I hear Amber curse. I turn around and see white prescription pills scattered on the ground.