│Bonus Chapter: New Year's Eve│*

"A new year is like a new book, with nothing written in any of its 365 pages. Make the next one good. Fill it with opportunities, courage, hope, inspiration and lots of happiness."

∞Bonus Chapter: New Year's Eve∞

Time: 2 years after Ash and Austin's marriage.

~Austin~

As I turn onto my left side, a light hits the back of my eyes. Groaning, I sit up to find the light turned on. I yawn, rubbing my eyes. Looking over to my side, I find it empty. I get up wondering where she had gone.

"Ash?" I called out as I walked down the stairs.

"Ash-"  I cut myself short as I find her sitting at the dining table with her head on the counter. She fell asleep while writing her article again, I think to myself as I pick her and head upstairs. 

I find myself smiling as Ash cuddles up to me in her sleep. I pull close to me, wrapping my arms around her waist. I fall asleep with her head on my chest and her leg on top of my mine.

~Ash~

"Mommy!" a voice cried out making my eyes snap open. Loosening Austin's grip on my waist, I tumble out of bed, running to Hunter's room. I pick him up and pat his back, whispering soothing words in his ear to calm him down.

"What happened baby?" I ask softly as he looks up at me. He starts to whimper and I knew then that he had a nightmare again. Hunter had been having a lot of nightmares lately and sometimes he wouldn't calm down when I held him, so he sleeps in between Austin and me.

I smile as I hear his soft snores. He had set all of his weight on me and was resting his little head on my shoulder. Just as I softly set him down in his crib, he wakes up again. Picking him up again, I take him to our bedroom.  Just as I pull a blanket on top of us, he hugs my stomach. I fall asleep with a smile and my son sleeping on my stomach with his arms wrapped around me.

I sigh resting my chin in the palm of my hands. I do a couple of stretches in hopes to relive the kinks in my upper back from sitingin a slouched position.  The New Year was only half a day away and I had to finish up this piece for Marco. If this one is good, it could be my big break. Looking up at the clock on the shelf beside my computer, I see the time was Five o'clock PM.

Come on Ash, you can do this, the sooner you finish, the sooner you can go home to your family, I tell myself as I type away at my desk. One of the office girls drops by to give me a cup of coffee, which I thank her for and get back to working.

"I'm done!" I gasp out as I put the folder on Marco's desk. I had ran all way the way from the printer after proofreading and printing out my piece.

"Good work Harper, now hurry home" he says and I thank him before heading down to the parking garage on the elevator.

On the way home, I stop at the bakery two blocks away from our house.

"Ash dear, here is your cake and your cupcakes" the kind woman says handing me my boxes.

"Thank you Angie, happy new year" I say.

"You too dear, drive safely" she says winking and I blush.

"Will do, bye!" I call out waving as I step out the door. She waves back before I head back to my car.

"Mommy!" Hunter squeals hugging my legs as I walk into the living room.

"Hi baby" I say kissing his cheek and giving him a hug. I set him down and he goes back to playing with his blocks.

"Austin?" I call out.