Two

We quickly clean up. I do nicely, since I've just got small traces of blood on me. I wash it off in the boys' room. Trixie manages to hide most of her injuries with her armour, and the gore on her hands and her weapons is an everyday occurrence. Evangeline manages too.

Why are angel girls so childish?

Anyway, we're summoned to the Ruby Conference Room yet again. The All-Father is giving a speech while showing a bunch of angels a 500-page power-point. We're late, but the All-Father takes little notice. He rambles on, and this is roughly what he talks about.

"Now, many of you may blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah angels blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah terrific blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah Virginia Hamilton-"

Yeah. It's been two years since she oh, so tragically gave up her stupid fucking life to be with her lover for eternity. We've pretty much gotten over them.

"Amber?!" Evangeline cries.

"Yes, Miss Youngspire. Miss Skyward, or Miss Hamilton, as most know her, gave us the information about the six magical items that Satan intends to use against us."

Oh. Of course. What a non-cliche for the big boss to send his agents to locate them and destroy them.

I'll try to pay as much attention as I can. Here's the second part of the All-Father's speech:

"So, as I was saying before I was interrupted,blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah..." he rattles off.

We're all unenthusiastic about this and bored. I look at my friends. Gabby is playing on his cell phone, and his girlfriend Angela is listening to music, her long, bushy blonde hair concealing the earphones from view, but it's not like everybody can't see her nodding her head to the music. Trixie's sharpening a knife. Kevin Whitehunter's listening, but his eyes are glassy and unfocused. He's probably daydreaming. Evangeline blows pink bubble gum. Goodwin "Goodie" Yates, my friend/fan/stalker is reading Fifty Shades of Blue, some shitty rip-off from that porn book I'm not going to name.

"Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. So, now for the fun part."

Good. He's done.

"May I introduce a guest we invited. You all probably know her, but not in person. May I invite: Miss Amberleigh Skyward!"

"What?" yells Kevin.

"What?!" cries Goodie.

"WHAT IN THE FUCKING NAME OF JESUS ON A FUCKING BIKE?!" I shout, and get a lot of glares.