Epilogue Part 2

"What?" I shout. "But Trixie, you know he's evil! How can a person like you help him?"

Trixie shrugs. "He's not evil. He's good. Satan helps all those who were deserted by God. In fact, he would make a better ruler."

"Trixie, you've been brainwashed," I tell her.

"I chose my own path, Goldbloom," Trixie looks at me with silver eyes laced with pity. "Without Satan and his community, I would be nothing. My parents dumped me at childbirth because I was crippled. But two of Satan's people saved me, a pair of lovers. They raised me as their own."

"They would never-" I begin. It's all too crazy.

"They did. Satan himself assigned me to this quest, to infiltrate the angels for once and for all. I did it all willingly, and I would have done it even if I didn't want to. He isn't evil. He's merely contributing to his dream and working towards a better destiny for all of us."

"Trix- Alluni, you're insane. What did they offer you?" I demand. If not for the bars, I'd strangle her on the spot.

Trixie smirks and points. "Pass some food and maybe I'll talk."

"I don't have any, unless you'd like a few packets of lust," I say disgustedly.

"Sounds tempting. Just pass some over."

"Talk."

"Pass some over."

"Talk."

"Never mind," Trixie shrugs.

It's going to take me forever to get accustomed to the non-psychopathic, normal, Satanist Trixie.

"Just fucking answer me! What did they give you in return?" I howl and bang against the bars.

"Fine," Trixie says, trying to conceal packets of wrath and envy in her sleeve. "Lord Satan-"

"Lord Satan?" I practically scream. "What the actual fuck, Alluni?"

"Never mind. He gave me what you can't give. He gave me a home. Because of him, I found everything I could ever ask for."

"Trixie…did you have an accomplice?" An idea hits me full in the face like a choo-choo train.

"That's too lowly of a name," she replies. "More like partners, but that would be an insult to him too."

"Kev? Is he faking shyness too?" I shout. "Tell me!"

"Heavens, no. He's too pathetic to work with," Trixie brushes it off.

If that's the case, then…

Oh shit. I can't believe I trusted him!

"What are you doing here anyway, to rub your victory in my face?" I snap at her.

"I was going to apologize, but since gloating was your idea, I'll do it too," Trixie smirks.

I can't stand her anymore. I grab a random book and hurl it at her. "Get. Out."

She deflects it. "Whatever. I'll ask for some help to brag, then. By the way, got any more of those packets?"

I toss her one, meaning to hit her in the face, but instead her pale fingers catch it in midair, and tear the packet open. A burst of green smoke floats out of it, and into Trixie's mouth.

Trixie shudders. Suddenly, the air ripples and bends, and there's a small flash of light.

And my worst fear is confirmed when a silvery blue deer trots out of the holding cell.