Thirteen

We stand victorious over a pile of bodies, weapons and armour. Frankly, I'm disgusted. Goodie cheers. Kev and Evangeline exchange whispers. Finch walks around, scrounging for a weapon he can use. And Trixie...well, she's ecstatic.

Finch looks at Trixie and their eyes connect, blue to silver, it's like they can communicate just by staring at each other. Then Finch claps.

"Okay, team, grab whatever you want and go," Finch wheezes.

I walk over to a bunch of Shirams, still weaponed. I scrounge around until I find a set of armour (bronze) that fits me.

The girls walk around and pick up every knife they can find.

Kev gets a helmet, and Finch gets himself a sword. Goodie, on the other hand, builds a new pair of pompoms with rope he'd found. I leave that to him.

Evangeline sees me, and puts on some armour too. She places a helmet on her head, lowering the visor so that only her beautiful chocolate eyes peek out, and says, "Look! I'm Trixie! I hate you, so I'm going to throw a knife at you!"

We both burst out laughing.

Trixie ignores her and practices on some armour that's either too big or too small to fit any of us. And I must say I'm impressed. She raises a long hunting knife, and impales it straight through the breastplate with brute strength.

Wow.

Finch whistles, and Kev applauds.

Evangeline glares at Trixie, and starts showing off as well. She throws a knife into a helmet, so that the knife sticks out of it like a unicorn horn.

Trixie rolls her eyes and swings her arm, this time releasing a blade, smaller than Evangeline's, that cuts into the wooden handle of Evangeline's thrown knife.

Angel growls, and picks up a bow and arrow. She shoots and hits a tree. Not bad.

Trixie narrows her fierce silver eyes, and nocks an arrow herself too.

"No!" I shout, realizing that she's nocked an arrow the wrong way. She's going to shoot herself.

"Trixie!" cries Finch.

"Stop!" yells Kevin.

Trixie glances at us for a brief moment, but ignores us, and pulls back the arrow.

The arrow flies, but it does so the wrong way. It impales her in the heart, or at least where her heart should be. Luckily she's wearing armour.

Trixie shoots, again and again and again. All of them stick out on her armour.

I sigh. "Team, we're getting nowhere with this. Let's just go on to the next sighting. Finch, where is it?"

"A huge drakon footprint."

Oh. Well, there's nothing special.

"What's next?" asks Kev.

Finch sighs. "Well, you're not going to like it, but our next sighting is a mound of drakon dung."

Evangeline tries not to puke. "I beg your pardon?"

"I'm serious. And it's not just any old drakon dung. It's super-stinky drakon dung!" Finch's eyes gleam.

I raise my hands. "Okay, so let's get this straight. We're all going on a hunt for some smelly drakon shit, just so that we can recoil and clamp our noses shut?"

"Now that you put it that way, it doesn't sound as cool, but yeah."

Okay, what the fuck? I thought we were seeing supernatural sightings, like tourist spots, but supernaturaller. Now, I learn that all we're doing is to sniff and check out some drakon dung, I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

Trixie glares at us. "We go."

Kev sighs. "Trixie, we know. But I'm pretty sure some of us need a break after that battle. We're not all hyped up like you and Goodie."

Trixie narrows her eyes. "We. Go. Now."

Kev, due to lovey-dovey reasons, agrees instantly that we should get going.

Evangeline taps me on the shoulder rapidly, and gestures for me to hold my ear out to her, to hear some snide and secret comment about Trixvin.

Instead, she blows in my ear.

Okay, if you don't know how annoying that feels, I don't recommend you to ask a friend or a sibling to do that to you. It's just plain fuckful.

"Evangeline, first of all, when will you stop being such a total ass?"

"Never."

"Then stop making your ass jealous by all the shit that comes out of your mouth."

"Orson, that's not very nice!" she pouts.

I smirk. "I'm the Big Bad Angel, after all," I boast.

Evangeline frantically looks around for anyone who can take her side, but Trixie obviously won't cooperate, Kev would most likely take my side, Goodie would only annoy us with a story, and Finch wouldn't even care.

After a few more seconds of Finch-Trixie eye contact, Finch says, "Team, we head off. Trixie's orders."

Oh yay. We're touring the drakon shit tower. The view is gonna be awesome. It's gonna be fun too. I can't wait to take lots of selfies and post them on AngelNet! (Note the sarcasm.)

And yes, it's very stinky. As soon as we get there, all we see is a massive lump of poop about four stories tall. We take samples, or at least Finch is okay with touching the stuff. Well, he had on five pairs of disposable gloves, but still...

Goodie prances around, like he's doing Swan Lake. Evangeline and I take pictures, her with a camera, me with a cell phone, and cover our noses at the same time. Kev takes notes, and has a laundry clip on his nose. Trixie doesn't seem to mind the smell, however.

And then Goodie ruins everything.