The brothers past

Yui pov
I came out of the bathroom, already in my nightgown. I lay down on my bed and covering myself with the pink blanket.

I drift myself to sleep letting myself relax my eyes from all the blood loss. I soon then fell asleep.

Yui's dream

I look around to see myself standing by a water fountain. Just then I hear children laughing and giggling.

I then see Ayato, Kanato, and Laito as children playing with sticks. They ran past me like if I'm not there. Then three bats flew away.

"Those bats just flew away. I worked so hard catching them." Kanato sobbed.

"Kanato don't cry." Laito comfort Kanato.

"Stop crying Kanato. Yours truly will catch them for you." Ayato said.

"Ayato!" a woman with long purple hair, green eyes, and a black dress that has a big white rose on the side of her dress called Ayato.

Ayato stood there looking at the woman looking like he wanted to kill her.

"Ayato why aren't you studying? Go back to your room right now and study." the woman said in a serious tone.

"No! I want to play some more! I don't want to study!" Ayato said.

"I don't want to hear any excuses! Go to your room right this instant!" the woman ordered.

"No! How come I don't get to play with Kanato and Laito, if all I ever do is study?" Ayato asked.

"That's because your not like the other children. You're special."

"No I'm not!" Ayato yelled.

"How many times do I have to tell you!?" the woman yelled. Ayato looked up at her seeing her in fear.

"You're the successor! Do you know what that means!? Now tell me Ayato what is that you have to do?" she asked.

Ayato looked sad and looked down. "I need to be the best, better than all of my brother, better then anyone else, and if I can't accomplish that then I am not my mother's child. And I will be sunk down in the bottom of the lake."

"Yes, that's correct. You're worthless to me if you don't become the best. So you must study more. Do you know what happens to worthless boys? They spend sunk down in the cold and wet lake all alone where nobody can't hear them crying for help. If you don't want that to happen to you then go to your room right now." she said in a serious tone.

Ayato ran off crying and the woman watched him. She took a seat on the bench till Kanato came to her.

"Kanato sing me that beautiful song. I want to hear your beautiful voice." she ordered.

"Yes mother." Kanato said.

Kanato started singing to his mother. Laito stood there with a smile on his face and watching his mother smile.