Chapter 4

A/N: I don't even know why it took so long to write this. Sorry about the short chapter before and I do know it's a bit rushed so bare with me. Also, it has been awhile now, so I don't really remember what happened next so a bit of research is in order. I do hope you would like this!

~X~

Sasuke waited for the moment when the crazy snake lady - Anpo or something - to make her grand entrance for the second part of the exams. He wasn't disappointed when she arrived a second later, breaking the glass window in the process, the same way she did in the past timeline. She made an exaggerated movement with her right arm, causing her trench cloak to billow behind her. Sasuke had to appreciate how her trench cloak didn't reveal anything more unnecessary, seeing as how she only wore a fish net underneath. She must have done something to her trench cloak to do that.

That must be it. He was sure of it now. Afterall, Uchihas are never wrong.

"I'm Mitarashi Anko! Follow me to where the second exam will be held!" 

An incredulous silence followed after her statement, all of the Genins staring at Anko with wide eyes and gaping mouths. Slowly, everyone got up from their seats, the others still staring at her wearily. 

Sasuke almost felt pity for them, being in the same position back then, but he had other goals in mind that he needed to accomplish. He couldn't afford being distracted by trivial matters. He only needed to focus on keeping his two team mates alive while in the Forest of Death and probably save the other members of Konoha 11 on the way. 

Hah, and to think Naruto had called him a cold-hearted bastard. He could totally show compassion. If they deserve it that is, but for others, then he wouldn't mind killing them on the spot.

"Oi, Teme! Stop day dreaming. Jeez," Naruto grumbled out, shoving a waiver in his hand. "And you call me an idiot..."

The automatic retort came out easily on his tongue before he could properly think about it. "Because you are an idiot, dobe."

Internally, Sasuke winced. He really needed to break some of his habits if he wanted to make his relationship with Naruto a bit better than last time. He glanced at Naruto, seeing the blonde's face turn red in anger. 

Before Naruto could start a fight, surprisingly, it was Sakura that stopped him. Usually, it would be her continuing on the pointless banter while he remained silent. She yanked on the blonde's collar, causing him to choke. She then proceeded to shake him roughly, glaring down at Naruto.

"You are going to behave while we are here. No starting fights with Sasuke-kun or I will skewer you." Sakura growled out.

She turned to look at Sasuke and glared, surprising him greatly. "You," she practically spat out. "Stop antagonizing Naruto-Baka. We," she gestured vaguely at the three of them, "...are a team. We are going to pass this second exam and become chuunins. I don't want to stay as a Genin forever and so help me, if we fail this exam, I am going to kill the both of you."

He and Naruto stayed silent, looking at their pink-haired team mate in slight awe. Sasuke was surprised to see Sakura like this. Back then, she would never do such a thing as glare at him or threaten him. Sakura would always shy away and apologize immediately.

Don't get him wrong. He actually preferred this new developement for her than the constant fawning over him. With this, Sakura would take being a Kunoichi more seriously in this timeline than the other one before he had left Konoha.

"Are you two even listening?" Sakura hissed, glaring at them.

Overwhelmed by this new developement, Sasuke went up to her. He ignored Naruto's warning look or the whispered hisses for him to stop and stood in front of his irate team mate. Sasuke placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a satisfied look.