Chapter 10

A/N: Again, this chapter has long since been overdue and for that, I am sorry. I just want everything to be done with, but I do hope all of you would bare with me since I'm having writer's block at the moment and I know it's a bit short but college has tired me out so much T-T

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

"Are you sure of this Kakashi?" Sarutobi sighed gravely, looking at the silver-haired jonin in front of him. "This is a huge accusation you are making of Sasuke, the last of the Uchiha's."

Kakashi gave a curt nod, his lone eye steeling with determination.

"I understand how grave it seems," Kakashi agreed quietly, "However, it's better to be safe rather than regret it later on."

Sarutobi stared impassively at him for a moment longer, before slowly nodding in consent. He understood the paranoia, as it were trying times at the moment, with the threat of Orochimaru and Akatsuki. He stared at him some more, the tension growing thick that not even Kakashi could help but shift a little discreetly. Finally, as if waiting for an eternity, he gave the briefest of nods at the silver-haired man.

"Very well, Kakashi." Sarutobi said solemnly. "Monitor Sasuke's behaviour until you have gathered sufficient evidence for your claims. Although keep in mind of Danzo and his spies, they are bound to notice these changes on the boy as well."

Kakashi nodded respectfully, before vanishing in a swirl of leaves, leaving behind its remains to Sarutobi's chagrin. Why couldn't they leave his office in a more normal and clean way? Now he would have to clean his floor.

Sarutobi sighed, turning around to glance at the sky. He could only hope nothing bad would happen, like he feared. It might only be wishful thinking now.

~X~

All was quiet. No one dared to move a muscle or even breath and Sasuke had to snort at the obvious tension in the air. He felt Sakura discreetly kicking him from behind, silently reprimanding him to read the atmosphere, but he couldn't give a rat's ass about it. He had gone over all of this once in his previous timeline. There wasn't anything special, just a few congratulatories and an announcement that there would be a Pre-lims before they could partake in the third exam. Everything before that were a pain in the ass, but who was he to stop it? He might as well get his own battle over and done with. He just wanted to sleep, dammit!

His head snapped to the front, feeling eyes burning holes in his person. His eyes narrowed, seeing Kakashi's gaze fixed on him.

He cursed mentally. He had forgotten how paranoid and observant his late teacher was, especially when he was made their Jonin instructor for the sole reason of possessing the sharingan and in monitoring him so he wouldn't become bat-shit crazy. If worse comes to worst, he has no choice but to tell the silver-haired man the truth and wouldn't that just be fun?

He could already feel a headache coming on.

"Oi Bastard!"

Sasuke blinked, pulled out of his inner musings and seeing everyone staring at him. Some were amused while others seemed more annoyed than anything. With practiced ease and being an Uchiha, he assumed a mask of indifference, hie eyebrows raising in question coolly at them.

"Did you hear what Hokage-jiji said?" Naruto asked irritably, his eyes almost squinting at him.

Obviously he hadn't heard, but it would be embarrassing to admit such a thing. "...yes," he lied.

Kiba snorted loudly next to them and Sasuke had to stop himself just in time not to maul the Inuzuka heir. He didn't want to get charged for treason and murder so soon after he had arrived here.