Prologue

Theo Callahan's POV:

"The years may go by but nothing really changes other than the people and places.  I use to live in a small town in Rhode Island called Layton.  My parents and girlfriend Rosie were killed by the bad vampires.  I never saw it coming and at 18 years old I was alone.  My visions of the future never became clear until after that tragic day.  The gold chain necklace I wear with the letter R on it was the only thing I have left from the girl I loved with everything in my heart.  I am a vampire and will only age until 20 years old.  The myth of not being able to go out in the daylight is not entirely true because everyday of my life I have been exposed to the sun and haven't turned to ashes.  My special vampire gift was to see the future.  I left Rhode Island the same day they were killed and never looked back because I would still be broken if I lived in the past.  Ever since that tragic event, I have never gotten close to anyone because it is too painful.  My visions made me know that I had to move to San Antonio, Texas to find Jackson Turner.  I will finally meet him 20 years later.  It will be 1950 outside the majestic theater when a robbery at the bank next door would make our two worlds collide.  I would actually have a friend after years of solitude and grief.  Yes, I try to save humans from the bad vampires.  They kill innocent humans for fun or for a purpose to make their powers grow stronger.  Jackson would help me defeat the evil ones.  It will be such a shame that I will have to turn him into a vampire after he tried to be heroic by stopping a robber. I am surprised that Jackson was not angry at what I showed him what will happen in the future.  He knows what sadness I've been through just like I know what has also happened to him. My premonitions just made him accept being a vampire even more than before.  I showed him Amelia Chase in my vision of the future in 2017." 

                   Jackson's POV: 

"After trying to be a hero that night my life changed forever.  I use to be a human and had just graduated high school.  I received a football scholarship to Texas and would be their starting quarterback that year.  Theo saved my life after a robber shot me point blank in the chest.  Theo gave me a new purpose.  I had to say goodbye to my mother which was hard to do since she raised me.  My father left when I was only 5 years old.  Theo became an older brother to me and got me use to being a vampire.  We only drink blood packets and eat human food to blend in.  I look forward to meeting Amelia and the years went by fast.  It was now 2017,  we both got accepted to the University of Texas for college.  It would be the first time that we would attend college.  After working for 64 years,  we have a lot of money saved up.  We pulled up to the subdivision where I saw her walking down to her mailbox.  Finally, I will meet her."