Chapter 11: Future Turmoil

Lia and Jackson finally went on their honeymoon after they graduated college. Bri ended up being turned into a vampire by Theo on her birthday so she wouldn't keep aging past him. She received her vampire power to protect people by putting up a force field around her love ones if they were in danger. Lia had wonderful news after returning with Jackson from Key West, Florida that she was pregnant.

Theo already knew she was having a girl because of his special gift. Lia asked for Theo to tell them if it was a boy or a girl. Jackson and Lia already had a name in mind for her, Mallory Lauren Turner. She couldn't wait to hold her little girl in her arms. Jackson was so happy and beamed with pride of becoming a dad. Of course, Theo and Bri were going to be her god parents. Lia's parents were so excited to become grandparents.

Theo saw that there was evil on the horizon and they would have to protect Mallory from the man that was called the "dark abyss."  His name was Baxter Ridgeland and he was far worse than Simon Rourke ever could have been. Baxter had killed thousands of people with the snap of his fingers. He was a dark warlock that hated every living creature known to man.  Theo encountered him once just after Rosie was murdered and he was lucky to have made it out alive.

Baxter and his wife Regina just had a son named Gregory Matthew Ridgeland. He would use his son to gain the affection of Mallory when he turns 17 years old. His plan was simple, kill all that could destroy him and that was Lia, Jackson, Theo, Bri, Mallory, and Shawn. Theo came out of his vision and told them all what he saw and how they need to watch their backs from now on instead of assuming everything was fine ever since Simon was killed.

Bri and Theo ended up marrying a year after Lia and Jackson had Mallory. Bri became pregnant 3 months after marrying Theo. She ended up having a boy named Shawn Theo Callahan.  Mallory and Shawn were inseparable since they grew up together. They had a very peaceful childhood and were both very good kids. Mallory and Shawn blended in with the human kids.  No one knew that they were vampires just like their parents.

Mallory had black hair like Lia her mom and brown eyes. Shawn had dark brown hair and green eyes. He looked just like Theo and he would definitely have the ladies running after him. Shawn always looked after Mallory and felt very protective of her. His vampire power was super strength and he had to be careful not to accidentally trigger it. Mallory had vampire powers like her dad, Jackson, which were calming emotions and getting people to trust her. She was kind and very sincere to everyone. Shawn was more cautious, yet outgoing. 

When Shawn turned 17 several months after Mallory, he didn't understand why his heart would beat uncontrollably when he was around her. This had happened many times even when they were younger.  They were starting their senior year of high school in a few weeks when he finally got the courage to tell her how he felt about her.  Mallory couldn't believe Shawn, her best friend since forever, had feelings for her. Shawn smiled and nervously paced when she came up to him.

Mallory lived with her parents and grandparents right next door to him. Shawn's house was the one where Jackson and Theo lived before marrying their soulmates.

Mallory calmed him by saying, "It is okay, Shawn, whatever you have to say. I will always be by your side." Shawn took a deep breath and replied, "I really like you, Mallory Lauren Turner, ever since we were in kindergarten. My heart always beats fast when you are this close to me."

He stood in front of Mallory and touched her face. She bit her lip and looked at her black converses shoes. He used his finger to make her look him in his eyes. Mallory managed to say, "I feel the same way, Shawn, but I didn't know you felt." He smirked with some confidence and said, "Now you know my dear." Shawn leaned in to kiss her and as his lips brushed up against hers, she fell into his arms.

They were interrupted by a guy clearing his throat saying, "Well dang, I thought you guys would never stop kissing. My name is Gregory Ridgeland and the pleasure is all mine to meet you, Mallory Turner."

Gregory had black hair, piercing dark blue eyes, and a mischievous smile.  Baxter and Gregory didn't plan on Mallory not taking the bait. She just smiled politely and said, "My boyfriend and I have to go but it was nice meeting you!" Mallory saw right through his bad boy facade.  His name rang in her ears since her parents and Theo told her to watch out for a guy named Gregory trying to use you for his father's plan. Shawn was blushing as Mallory held his hand while she sashayed away from the guy she had bad vibes from.

He asked her, "Why did you say I was your boyfriend?" Mallory was at a lose of words when he said, "From the very beginning, I viewed you as my girl without knowing what that meant. Will you be?" Mallory smiled brightly as said, "Yes."

Jackson and Lia watched from their window at home. They now help her dad solve tough murder and missing person cases from home. Lia said, "I called them getting together!" Jackson replied, "So did I, love." They ended up kissing one another saying, "I love you," as they whispered sweet nothings in each other's ear.  They were always saying romantic things and did sweet gestures just like when they first got together.

Bri and Theo were out working for the local newspaper when he had a vision.

He just smiled as he said, "Honey it looks like Mallory and Shawn have gotten together just like my vision told me years ago. I love you, my darling!" Bri replied, "Not surprised because you are never wrong, babe! I love you, too!"

Gregory thought as Shawn and Mallory left, "Why am I jealous that these two are together because, after all, it was just a job for my father, right?" 

His powers would normally be dark in color when casting spells.  Now, thanks to Mallory, they had turned to light colors.  His eyes were now light blue instead of dark and he felt his heart was now full of happiness and joy. He thought, "Did Mallory make me turn good because of her presence?" Gregory felt protective over a girl he just met and couldn't stop thinking about her when he went inside his new house. He decided to pretend to still be on board with delivering her to his father.